AK Steel’s Dearborn Works facility is seeking an HVAC Maintenance Technician. As an HVAC Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing complete HVAC systems used throughout the plant and offices. Qualified candidates should have a working knowledge of commercial HVAC systems.
- Applies basic and some advanced technical skills and knowledge to install, maintain and repair complete ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems used in manufacturing plant and office applications.
- Performs electrical and mechanical servicing and maintenance of HVAC systems for the physical plant in accordance with federal regulations and Company polices and procedures.
- Assists in initial installation and start up of complete systems, including system components, electrical controls, and ducting.
- Assists in the design, modification, installation and preventive/predictive maintenance planning.
- Monitors HVAC systems and operations and ensures routine preventative maintenance is performed according to established schedules.
- Diagnoses HVAC systems and makes repairs as required.
- Performs repairs of complete systems to include repairing or replacing values, motors, controls, switches, gauges, wiring fans, pumps, compressors, piping and other functional components of the system.
- Performs alterations, repairs, and maintenance of buildings, floors, roofs, stairways, partitions, doors, windows, screens, scaffolding forms, wood fixtures, and furniture.
- Reports suspected and confirmed problems relating to equipment, utilities, structures, and grounds to immediate supervisor. Inputs maintenance and repair actions into equipment logs.
- HVAC certification required
- Minimum four years of commercial HVAC experience
- Must have a minimum of a high school education
- Must be willing to work any shift including nights, weekend, holidays, and overtime
Specific Requirements: Qualified candidates are expected successfully pass the following pre-employment requirements: Aptitude test, hands on and written trade specific test, interviews, urine analysis and hair sample drug screen, and a post offer physical. The drug detection period for hair sample covers a period of 90-120 days.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status. The following links provide information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: URL blocked - click to apply & URL blocked - click to apply. We are a drug-free workplace and conduct pre-employment testing as a condition of employment.