Are you a strategic architect who thrives in driving innovation? Be empowered to steer progress in this pivotal leadership position.
About Tower Health
Tower Health is a thriving regional health system in Southeastern Pennsylvania comprised of six hospitals and over 11,000 team members. Tower Health hospitals offer a dedication to care excellence and professional recognition that includes a Level I Trauma Center accredited hospital, Magnet® designation, HIMSS Stage 7, and many other accolades. Elevate your career by joining the Technology Infrastructure team in a progressive health system committed to Advancing Health and Transforming Lives. Join the transformation.
The Enterprise Architect is a full time position with Reading Hospital - Tower Health in West Reading, Pennsylvania. Relocation is offered for this position.
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, the Enterprise Architect is responsible for the governance of key technology decisions, technical architecture decisions and setting standards. This includes the whole of enterprise architecture. The Enterprise Architect (EA) ensures the business strategy and any relevant trends are expressed in the enterprise’s information technology process and architecture. In addition, EA provides feedback into, and collaborates in the business strategy development process.
The Enterprise Architect must: ensure the business strategy is understood and acted upon; articulate the desired future state, understand the current state, identify the gaps between the two states and develop approaches to close these gaps; lead the effort to change, primarily by championing the change to elicit support, evolving the process of Enterprise Architecture (EA) so that it delivers value and develop the core EA team to evolve required skills; ensure that EA outputs are used to bring about positive change through effective governance; ensure that all aspects of EA are communicated effectively.
Your leadership as Enterprise Architect will be vital in driving strategy and innovation in IT. Your contributions may include:
- Leading the evolution of the EA function and program, including the coordination of an appropriately balanced pursuit of enterprise business, information, technical and solution architecture viewpoints.
- Collaborating with key stakeholders within I.S. and the business to understand, advocate, and support the enterprise's business and I.S.
- Supporting the definition and elicitation of business strategy as an active participant in the enterprise governance process.
- Supporting (and in some cases lead) the identification and analysis of enterprise business drivers to derive enterprise business, information, technical and solution architecture requirements.
- Leading the analysis of current business and I.S. environments to detect critical deficiencies and recommend or facilitating the identification of solutions for improvement.
- Leading or facilitating the analysis of industry, technology and market trends to determine their potential impacts on the enterprise's strategy and architecture requirements.
- Promoting the EA process, outcomes and results to the organization which includes the enterprise's I.S. and business leaders.
- Leading, facilitating and promoting EA governing principles to guide solution decision making for the enterprise.
- Overseeing EA budget and monitors for variances; identifying budget variances in a timely manner to ensure minimal project impact.
- Recruiting, providing training & education, leading, managing and retaining a high performing team of technology professionals responsible for the EA program. Responsible for development, performance management, and coaching of direct reports.
Master's degree in computer science, engineering, information management or related technical field, or Bachelor degree in same field as above plus 15 years of experience.
Experience and Skills
- 10+ years in multiple IT disciplines with 4 years of complex architecture of similar scope/scale and strategy experience.
- 5+ years in executive technical leadership roles requiring effective leadership and communication skills; strong analysis, problem resolution, judgment and decision-making skills; and ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience effectively interacting and collaborating with the business, understanding business process and translating process to technical solutions.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to build relationships.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.
- Excellent analytical and contextualization skills (e.g., ability to 'connect the dots').
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to present to all levels of leadership as well as interact effectively with IT staff, and vendors.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of all components of a holistic EA.
- Knowledge of and experience with management (theory and practice).
- Knowledge of process improvement.
- Basic knowledge of financial analysis and models.
- Understanding of the project management process, including scope and scope development, communication plan development.
- Familiarity with graphical modeling approaches and tools. Experience with Visio, Excel, PowerPoint and similar tools to capture and document roadmaps, architecture, future state plans, etc.
- An understanding of the political climate of the enterprise and how to navigate the politics.
- The ability to balance the long-term (or 'big picture') and short-term implications of individual decisions.
- The ability to translate business needs into EA requirements.
- The ability to estimate and articulate the impact of EA alternatives — both financial and nonfinancial.
- The ability to research and identify potentially relevant trends and emerging technologies, forecast their impact and utility, and act accordingly.
- Proficient level of knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.