Position: Leasing Consultant
Reports To: Community Manager
Primary Responsibility: Leasing Consultants are customer service specialists and are typically the first touch point for customers; they are expected to provide an excellent customer service experience for all residents, guests, and other customers. They handle the leasing process in the community, including answering the telephone, scheduling appointments with prospective residents, qualifying of prospective residents, showing the community, and leasing available apartment homes.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
A. Leasing Responsibilities
1. Answer telephones with appropriate Integral greeting established in Standardization Guide.
2. Handle telephone calls from prospective residents and document telephone calls via a guest card in ILM if applicable.
3. Check previous night's CallMax messages every morning via the system portal. All messages should be reviewed and returned before 10am daily. Notes should be placed in the CallMax system via the portal to ensure calls are properly documented and cleared from the open message log.
4. Retrieve leads in ILM daily and take appropriate action.
i. Clear Lead board within 48 hours.
ii. Clear all categories on the Prospect board within 48 hours.
5. Greet prospective residents and guests with appropriate Integral greeting established in Standardization Guide.
6. Daily check of all model and market ready apartment homes for "show readiness". Follow standardization guide to ensure temperature, lighting, refreshments, etc. are set to protocol. Take appropriate action to clean any units found to be insufficient for show.
7. Show model and market ready apartment homes.
8. Offer to schedule an appointment for a live virtual tour. Follow up with potential residents that receive a link to a virtual tour to confirm receipt and if they have any feedback or questions.
9. Ensure guests and residents are informed about the customer feedback opportunities available to them.
10. Assist prospective resident with the completion of the application.
i. Check for completeness.
ii. Make sure applicants understand deposit and fee policies.
iii. Determine move-in date and unit desired.
iv. Collect deposit and/or fees.
v. Market Rent applications must be completed and submitted to CM within 48 hours.
vi. Tax Credit/AA applications must be completed and submitted to QA within 7 days.
11. Verify application information as needed and make recommendations to Community Manager about applicant qualifications.
12. Complete Lease Documents (including all addenda) as necessary.
i. Explain lease to applicant and have them sign.
ii. Deliver to Community Manager for review and signature within 24 hours of move-in date.
iii. Deliver completed files to QA within 72 hours of move-in.
13. Make appropriate entries in Yardi and/or status reports in real time, daily.
i. Update Unit Availability Report.
14. Complete all move-in details.
i. Prepare, and provide resident with, move-in package.
ii. Review completed lease paperwork.
iii. After verifying new locks are in place, verify resident has all required keys.
iv. Provide copy of lease and all appropriate documents to resident.
v. Conduct apartment move-in inspection with the new resident.
vi. Collect any deposits or fees or rent due before allowing occupancy.
vii. Verify applicable utilities are transferred to new resident's name.
15. Initiate Yardi information, including:
i. Lease beginning and ending dates.
ii. Amount of rent per the lease.
iii. Deposits or fees required including pet fees.
iv. Names of all occupants, pertinent demographic information, i.e., household income, occupation, etc.
v. Business, home, and cell numbers.
vi. Email address.
vii. Confirm rental insurance for all market rate residents. Recommend rental insurance for all Tax Credit/AA residents. Document all policies in Yardi and note if Tax/AA resident declines rental insurance. Hard copy of policy placed in resident file.
viii. Submit application paperwork electronically for review and approval as required.
16. Lease renewals.
i. Notify resident 90 days (market) and 120 days (tax/aa) prior to lease expiration of options to renew. Remind resident of survey opportunity.
ii. Contact resident personally at least 75 days (market) and 90 days (tax/aa) prior to lease expiration.
iii. Complete lease renewal paperwork. Submit electronically for review/approval as required.
iv. Deliver to Community Manager for review and signature within 24 hours of lease renewal.
v. Deliver completed files to QA within 72 hours of lease renewal.
17. Handle telephone calls from residents concerning service requests.
i. Review Work Order History in Yardi for existing work order.
ii. Enter new service requests in Yardi.
iii. Escalate any work order issues to Community Manager Provide all residents with work order number from Yardi.
18. As applicable, review and print daily pricing from LRO (revenue management system).
i. Update Market Rents in LRO every Tuesday.
19. Daily cleaning of Leasing Office inclusive but not limited to cleaning glass doors, vacuum rugs, set up concessions and tidy desk space. Set up any marketing collateral including but not limited to balloons, bootleg signs, directionals etc.
B. General Duties
1. Answer telephone.
2. Retrieve messages from the answering service and follow through accordingly.
3. Distribute mail.
4. Maintain a positive, courteous, and helpful attitude to residents and prospective residents and guests.
5. Accept rent and write receipts as needed. Follow-up on delinquent accounts as requested.
6. Maintain files as needed.
7. Adhere to policies and procedures.
8. Turn on lights in show ready apartments and models at beginning of day and off at the end of each day.
9. Check community email frequently (at least daily). Input email leads into ILM. Direct other messages to the appropriate associate.
10. Other duties as assigned by Supervisors.
A. Previous Work Experience
1. Prefer one to two years of leasing/sales and/or Customer Service experience.
2. Experience in dealing with customers or the general public.
1. High School Diploma or GED.
2. Business school, college, marketing or other accredited courses in sales and marketing preferred.
3. Proficient in MS Office Suite.
1. High energy with a positive attitude, and people oriented.
2. Able to work with and understand persons of all ethnic and educational backgrounds.
3. Able to communicate clearly and effectively (by telephone and written correspondence).
4. Must have a professional demeanor and image. Must be a team player with a pleasant disposition.
5. Personal grooming, dress, and appearances in keeping with normal expectations for office professionals.
6. Can assist Community Manager and/or Assistant Manager in all duties, which he/she may be assigned which may include flex hours outside of published office hours.
D. Continuing Education
1. Successful completion of all in-house training programs related to the service level as defined in the IPM Management Service Policies and Procedures manual.
* My signature below certifies that I have received a copy this job description. It has been explained to me and I fully understand the contents of this job description. As an Integral Property Management employee, I am required to attend all required Integral Property Management University training courses, and other required training, and maintains a passing score, to retain my employment with Integral Property Management.
IPM Employee Signature / Date
- Customer Service
- Interpersonal Skills
- Leasing (Contract Law)
- Microsoft Office
- Positive Attitude