To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Mulberry, FL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Financial Analyst
Badcock Home Furniture & more • Mulberry, FL
Posted 8 days ago
Badcock is one of the largest privately-owned home furniture retailers in the country. We're proud to say that we've been serving the community and providing employment opportunities for more than a century. There are currently more than 340 Badcock stores in eight states, and our headquarters in Mulberry, Florida, employs more than 1,300 people.
We are always looking for smart and talented people to join our team. Whether you are a seasoned professional or you're just embarking on a new career path, our job opportunities offer growth, advancement and competitive pay and benefits. If you've got the drive, we'd love for you to be part of our family.
Employee Benefits Include:
401K PLAN WITH COMPANY MATCH
COMPANY PAID LIFE INSURANCE
EMPLOYEE MERCHANDISE DISCOUNT
MEDICAL, DENTAL, AND VISION
ON-SITE FITNESS CENTER
PERSONAL AND VACATION PAID TIME OFF
DAYCARE REIMBURSEMENT PLAN
Position is responsible to provide accurate and data-based information on company’s profitability, solvency, stability, liquidity, and credit and collections. Responsible for researching and analyzing financial information, assessing financial risk, creating reporting and acting as internal consultant to help the company make well-informed decisions.
- Consolidate and analyze financial data (budgets, income statement forecasts etc.) taking into account company’s goals and financial standing
- Assemble and summarize data to structure sophisticated reports on financial status and risks
- Develop financial models and conduct benchmarking and process analysis to provide creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance
- Conduct business studies on past, future and comparative performance and develop forecast models
- Identify trends, advise company and recommend actions based on sound analysis
- Track and determine financial status by analyzing actual results in comparison with expectations
- Consult with management to guide and influence long term and strategic decision-making
- Drive process improvement and policy development initiatives that impact the corporation
- Perform data gathering and analysis using relational tools on all activities undertaken by the company
- Establish and monitor corporate KPI’s and industry metrics. Design and create corporate reporting for most important trends and metrics
- Design ad hoc reports and data sets by consolidating diverse sources of data and translate findings into strategy and tactics to deliver on specific business objectives
- Analyze operating performance and new business opportunities as well as the impact of strategic business decisions and the related financial alternatives
- Identify trends and issues which need to be brought to management’s attention and prepare fact-based analyses/reports to foster a deeper understanding and best practices within the organization
- Gain and update job knowledge to remain informed about new developments in the field
- Support manager with special projects as needed.
- Maintain knowledge of the company’s IT applications for financial, customer, and retail operations reporting.
- Provide training to corporate personnel on use and understanding of reports relative to financial concepts and retail operation policies and goals
- Develop and manage projects utilizing project management techniques
- Work cross-functionally with departments to ensure that appropriate communication on customers’ needs and information is obtained and considered for projects
- Communicate with management, co-workers, dealers and others in a courteous and professional manner
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Four year college degree in Finance or related field, Masters preferred
- Two to three years of business analysis experience
- Proven knowledge of financial forecasting and diagnosis, corporate finance and information analysis
- Proficient in MS Office, especially Excel, databases, and financial software applications
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to reason and solve problems independently.
- Strong presentation, reporting and communication skills
- Strong knowledge of and experience with Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server Reporting Services, T-SQL, Microsoft Excel, and PowerBI
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace