To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
6041 Industrial Drive
Geismar, LA 70734
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Design Engineer - Valves (Greater Baton Rouge Area)
IDEX Corporation • Geismar, LA
Posted 16 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Business Unit: Aegis Flow Technologies
6041 Industrial Dr
Geismar, Louisiana, 70734
Description: Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Support the engineering department in valve and mechanical systems design from concept to production.
• Design and detail mechanical components/complex assemblies using 3D CAD software.
• Evaluate and continuously improve existing designs and products.
• Perform hand calculations of strength of materials and fluid flow problems.
• Support the CNC manufacturing facilities by providing machining and tooling knowledge to efficiently and effectively process component manufacturing jobs.
• Assist in materials purchasing function by monitoring order backlog and inventory, placing orders with suppliers and ensuring receipt of proper materials and parts.
• Design test fixtures and tooling for validation of new designs
• Produce test and inspection reports based on incoming materials and finished assemblies.
• Bachelors or higher in Mechanical Engineering
• CAD proficiency (Solidworks highly preferable)
• 2-5 years design experience; valve experience preferable
• General computer proficiently (Microsoft Office a must)
• Excellent writing and communicating skills
• Knowledge of strength of materials, material properties, machining principles, and fluids flow analysis
• Authorized to work in United States
• CAM, FEA & CFD knowledge a plus.
IDEX is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled