About the Brand Strategy Team
The Brand Strategy team is a growing group of integrated marketing managers and strategists who harness the technology, creativity and insights of The Washington Post to create marketing campaigns for our advertising partners that make an impact. We are passionate about providing meaningful solutions that are not about us, but about our clients. We build strategies and proposals that are innovative, delightfully creative and most importantly, performative.
The Senior Brand Strategist is an influential and creative thinker, helping to define client strategies and shape proposal development by translating The Washington Post's clients' challenges into simple and clear ideas that meet their business objectives.
An effortless and strategic communicator, the Senior Brand Strategist has the ability to distill client needs into smart, easily understood solutions, and can identify cultural territories to explore for partnership. In sum, this role is for someone who thrives through creative thinking and agile collaboration.
* You take pride in your strength in understanding what our clients need and expect from their advertising and marketing solutions partners.
* You are adept at working with internal stakeholders with divergent goals across departments from ad sales, product, operations, product, editorial, research, and more.
* You are inspired by the opportunity to realize the mission of a purpose-driven organization and to future-proof the business model that supports it.
* As a senior member, you are invested in the team and the growth of other individuals, in addition to your own.
* You are an expert at determining brand challenges and creating differentiated solutions that set The Post apart from competitors.
* You are a quick thinker who can move multiple projects forward at once.
* You can balance proactive projects in addition to day-to-day proposal development.
* You are adept at identifying the need for and developing trainings, materials and/or processes that benefit an entire team.
* Works autonomously on the development of high-value, complex and strategically led proposals
* Demonstrates an independent command of the contributions and contributors needed to deliver the most strategic pitches and proposals, with little to light managerial oversight
* Exhibits a signature style and approach for creating proposals across a range of client challenges and brand categories
* Displays a consistent grasp of how to frame proposals that solve for client challenges with varying degree and modification
* Has the ability to work with agility and flexibility across multiple client proposals and opportunities
* Works fluently across a range of client proposals and pitches from the complex, high value, multifaceted proposals, to the more clear-cut opportunities that require a simple, yet strategic output
* Leads each opportunity from start to finish by developing strategic frameworks and developing premised based strategies for high profile clients
* Works efficiently cross-functionally with sales, WP Creative Group, Product Marketing, design, editorial, and research to set creative frameworks and strategies for campaigns
* Takes initiative on proactive projects outside of daily tasks and proposal work, particularly on things that will benefit the team as a whole
* 5+ years developing go-to market strategies with brands, media agencies, and/or news publications
* Possess a steady hand, competitive drive, and solutions-oriented mindset
* Expert at building trust and relationships across Brand Strategy and beyond
* Highly organized with strong verbal, written, and visual presentation skills
* Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Drive, and Dropbox, including PowerPoint and Google Slides
* Capable of distilling considerable amounts of information into easy-to-grasp key points
* Ability to prioritize, multitask, and work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment
The Post strives to provide its readers with high-quality, trustworthy news and information while constantly innovating. That mission is best served by a diverse, multi-generational workforce with varied life experiences and perspectives. All cultures and backgrounds are welcomed.
The innovation doesn't end in the Newsroom - dozens of teams power The Washington Post. We are now hiring the next innovator - how will you Impact Tomorrow?
- Advertising Sales
- Agile Methodology
- Business Planning