To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
X-Ray Optical Systems (XOS) • US-Nationwide
Posted 15 days ago
XOS is a world leader in elemental analysis instrumentation and is a part of Danaher Corporation. The individual in this position will leverage their engineering skills to manage customized product offerings specifically related to our OEM optic product line. The individual must be highly motivated and capable of defining custom orders and designing solutions, while executing procurement and manufacturing support to ensure products meet customer specifications. This individual will also be required to support Quality and Process Engineering initiatives including executing permanent countermeasures relating to resolution of internal and external quality defects.
Required Skills/Experience: (List of required skills and experience to perform this position)
• Takes a lead design roll (with supervision) on customized, engineered to order system and sub system components. Designs, modifies, develops, and implements electromechanical designs and assemblies for production but refers major deviations, problems, and unfamiliar situations to the Quality & Process Engineering Manager.
• Takes a lead roll in the procurement the components (purchased & designed) needed to complete the systems or sub systems contracted by the customer.
• Comprehensive documentation responsibility including, but not limited to, generating detailed engineering drawings, Bill of Materials, test reports, and product validation plans.
• When needed, communicates directly or indirectly with end users to communicate design and/or quality related information, both to get design approval and/or troubleshoot quality issues.
• Participates in project Visual Management (VM) and demonstrates personal workstation VM that supports project execution from definition to delivery to the customer. Takes ownership of the VM and reports them up to the Product Manager and Quality & Process Engineering Manager on an agreed upon schedule.
• With supervision, leads the design and assembly of automated test fixtures and setups to aid in reliability and problem resolution testing. Ideal candidate will have Python, Arduino, or C programming skills to develop automated user interfaces for the hardware.
• Contributes to the Engineering Change Order (ECO) system from generation through implementation, driving down open ECOs to sustainable levels.
• Contribute to the Quality Alert Bulletin (QAB) process and burn-down open QABs to sustainable levels.
• Support Technical Service Team to aid in the resolution of analyzer issues in the field, including responding promptly to internal and customer issued corrective action requests. It is expected that the associate will act as a customer advocate when addressing quality issues by utilizing problem solving techniques to drive to root cause / corrective action for any escapes.
• Perform ISO audits and help resolve any QMS nonconformances.
• Triage production quality, part obsolescence, and efficiency issues while providing troubleshooting and repair assistance.
• Collect, analyze, and report quality data to identify process failures or opportunities for improvement, including maintenance and update of visual management and reporting as required.
• Support the production team in resolving issues identified during production and lead Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA) activities to drive quality/process improvements.
• Maintain work areas in a manner consistent with lean manufacturing and 5S principles. Operate within ESD policy and guidelines.
• Be prepared to defend work for technical soundness, appropriateness, and conformity to policy and requirements.
• With support, demonstrate continuous improvement of skills and knowledge related to their engineering background.
• Follows recommended safety design guidelines and principles to avoid hazards to users and equipment. Proposes and selects design solutions to assure that hazards are mitigated, and safety requirements are met.
X-Ray Optical Systems (XOS) is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Critical Success Factors:
• The ideal candidate possesses superior problem-solving skills, is detail- and process-oriented, and demonstrates the ability to work collaboratively in difficult situations across the organization.
• The ability to drive process rigor, accountability, and execution both personally and with the Quality Team.
• Possesses a proactive, entrepreneurial mindset and drives continuous improvement across all areas of responsibility.
• Has a sense of urgency and understands the impact of poor quality on the success of the entire organization.
• Shows excellent cross-functional communication skills both up and down and deals with organizational conflict in a productive and effective manner. Is exceptionally clear and concise.
• Aptitude for 3-D CAD modeling while also showing hands-on aptitude. Aptitude for rapid prototyping/modeling using various materials. Solidworks preferred.
• Understands and is capable of learning complex optical alignments
• Understands basic Electromechanical design concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Aptitude for developing software and hardware to automate test routines.
• Familiar with basic concepts of design of experiments, statistics, and data collection.
• An understanding of the importance of engineering documentation, the ability to write clearly and concisely, and organizational skills to maintain thorough records.
• Excellent Communication and Presentation Skills including ability to explain technical information to non-technical persons.
• Proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office.
• Ability to work well with all levels of personnel individually and in a team environment.
• Uses good judgement in interpreting and adapting guidelines such as policies, regulations, precedents, and work directions for application to specific cases or problems.
• Proficiency in PLC’s, experience with micro-controllers, embedded controllers, controls networking, and electro-mechanical systems is desired.
• Python, Arduino, C, R
• 0-2 years experience in an engineering position
• Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Optics or Physics degree.
<5% of overnight travel required for the position.
Danaher Corporation Overview