SAIC is seeking a qualified candidate to serve as a Principal Electrical Engineer for the Compact Rapid Attack Weapon (CRAW) program in Bedford, Indiana. Prospective candidates must demonstrate in-depth experience with Undersea Warfare Combat Systems and Weapons. The candidate will be asked to lead in support of updating the configuration baseline that meets performance specification requirements while leveraging existing Government design, stand-up a manufacturing process, identify and design special tooling, develop assembly procedures and test equipment required to establish a production line, and use developed manufacturing procedures to build test units for qualification and performance testing.
Location & Travel: This will be a long term opportunity in Bedford, IN. However, the first 6 months of the contract will require you to work onsite in University Park, Pennsylvania. During this period, you will work closely with the Applied Research Laboratory (ARL) at Penn State. After that, production will begin in Bedford, IN where it will continue for the remainder of the contract.
This position is contingent upon award, anticipated in Spring 2021.
Specific roles and responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
Provide direct support to the program manager and corporate staff on technical issues.
Prepare variance documentation as required to address TDP or manufacturing issues.
Support vendor and sub-contractor variance and or ECP efforts to gain government approval.
Maintain dialog with program management and production team staff to resolve technical issues through a non-confrontational, collaborative, and transparent working environment at all levels.
Support familiarization training to engineering and manufacturing team on hardware functions, interfaces, critical features, failure analysis.
Support the generation of reports for engineering studies and investigations relating to identified technical issues impacting the program
Review and approve technical deliverables to the government for accuracy, clarity, and recommended acceptance.
Support the review of drawings and specifications in support of procurement actions to ensure vendors are; properly qualified, responsive, understand the nuances of the product, and have mitigated fabrication risk.
Support efforts to resolve performance issues encountered in manufacturing or testing.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- General experience of ten (10) or more years preferred
- B.S. / M.S. in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Must be highly motivated and have excellent problem solving skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to work in a team environment.
- Must demonstrate strong organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently with changing deadlines and priorities.
- Experience with circuit card assembly design/development, troubleshooting, and testing
- Experience with electronics production management including working with contract manufactures to produce circuit card assemblies, quality assurance and test planning, and issue resolution
- Experience with sonar systems including acoustic arrays, receivers, transmitters, and processing electronics.
- Developing and executing test plans for electronic subsystems.
- Proficiency in standard configuration management and engineering change proposal processes.
- Must be able to complete tasks in an unsupervised and self-directed fashion.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Must possess an active SECRET clearance.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Electrical Engineer
or [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Electrical Engineer
for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.
Complex Problem Solving