Auto Body Paint Prepper
Auto Body Paint Prepper to prepare vehicles for the painting process. This person can also be mentored by a senior paint technician and learn the automotive paint process.
- Wash vehicles to remove dirt, oil, grease and debris from painted surfaces.
- Locate and remove imperfections on panels prior to painting. Treat scratched and chipped areas with plastic or liquid filler.
- Apply paper and masking tape to protect unpainted surfaces, such as bumpers, windows, chrome trim, and other parts while surrounding areas are spray-painted.
- Tapes the car up using tape, paper and plastic bags so we only paint the parts of the car we intend to paint.
- Smooth unmasked surfaces with sandpaper removing gloss from previous coats of paint. Sand rough spots.
- After vehicle is painted, remove masking tape, and clean vehicle. Move vehicle to designated area for buffing.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor, i.e., assist supervisor in training and orienting new employees, perform housekeeping duties, etc.
- May be required to work overtime (more than 40 hours per week) as business needs dictate.
- Body Shop and/or vehicle prepping experience
- Valid Driver’s License and good driving record required.
Regularly required to stand and walk. Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb. Ability to lift 1-15 pounds (light hand tools, etc.) Manual dexterity, repetitive motion tasks. May be exposed to toxic chemicals. Moderate noise levels present. Respirators or other protective equipment may be required.
Dent Wizard offers a comprehensive benefits package. Dent Wizard offers employees medical, dental, vision, life and Long Term Disability Insurance. 401(k) program, paid vacation and tuition assistance.