Merchants Fleet is the fastest growing fleet management company in the country, with over 50,000 vehicles under management. Our mission is to provide our clients with the most innovative fleet management experience nationally. We partner with our clients to optimize the mobility of their organization, through leasing, fleet services and customized solutions. Through innovative thinking and specialized teams, Merchants elevates the fleet performance of its broad range of clients.
Merchants is an award-winning place to work with accolades including; Best & Brightest, Best Company to Work For 2015-2019, Great Place to Work and Coolest Company for Young Professionals.
Description: To partner with the business in developing strategic growth plans, improving profitability and performance, and ensuring the financial integrity of the company. The individual will provide analysis and planning to support growth of the organization and ensure the company achieves its governing objective of creating long-term shareholder value. In addition the individual will contribute as a liaison with all operating divisions and functional areas to ensure consistency with Senior Management and board objectives for revenue generation, profitability and efficiency.
- Support the company's annual budgeting and monthly forecasting process for P&L, B/S, and C/F.
- Provide support in long range financial planning including analysis, and financial modeling across all financial statements for internal and external parties.
- Support the month end close process working with Accounting to explain variances to budget/forecast & identify trends.
- Present analysis of monthly financial statement trends and variances to Directors/Managers and Senior Leadership.
- Serve as a trusted business partner that prepares presentations, reports, and analysis for Business Unit Leaders.
- Develop, analyze, and report on key performance indicators to identify underlying business opportunities and risks while providing input for operational and strategic decisions.
- Support M&A, due diligence, and critical projects/activities on a regular basis
- Provide financial, project, and ad hoc support during the regular course of business and during critical engagements such as audits.
- Understand and communicates with the business key drivers and complex analyses to drive value added economic activity
- Focus on continuous improvement efforts by establishing best practices among business units and overall company to improve quality and reduce operational costs.
- Minimum of 4 years professional financial experience
- Must be skilled in accounting, budgeting, forecasting, and planning
- Ability and experience driving continuous improvement of processes
- Very proficient in Excel and PPT
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills including ad-hoc modeling
- Needs to be self-motivated and possess strong leadership skills
- Ability to interact effectively with senior leaders and across functional teams
- Reputation for balanced judgment and analytic proficiency
- Tremendous focus on detail yet also possess the ability to see business issues strategically and in the context of the overall business and industry
- Industry knowledge of the fleet management or finance industry preferred, but not required
- Individual must be a highly motivated financial professional with strong problem-solving and relationship management skills with the ability to multi-task in a deadline driven environment
- Must be collaborative but still be able to maintain beliefs and core values and drive projects to completion that benefit the business
- Ability to work in a privately-owned, entrepreneurial, yet analytically sophisticated, environment
- An MBA preferred, with a strong knowledge of accounting
- CPA or CMA desirable
- Minimum of a BS in Accounting or Finance required
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)