Primary responsibility is management of the RMF process as required and within the context of the contracted services, including review and update of all necessary documentation; coordinating responses to customer questions; and participating in code and system security reviews. In addition; the security engineer will regularly review system scans; Test & Patch up to 70 physical and virtual devices including ACAS and BURP scans; provide timely responses to IAVA; IAVB; ALERACTS; MILPERS; WARNORDS; OPORDS; and other vulnerability alerts. Participate in threat monitoring and provide remediation and remediation guidance for common software and web application vulnerabilities; and monitor system classification guides to ensure that documentation and other program artifacts are appropriately marked and stored.
Be able to install; customize; configure; optimize and trouble-shoot hardware and software on new and existing physical and virtual computer systems. Design and administer; manage & monitor a VMware and Microsoft Azure clouds cluster; administer and manage a virtualized Microsoft Windows 2008 and 2012 network environment supporting a Microsoft Web Development. Components include Windows Server 2012; SQL 2014 w/Reporting Services; IIS 8.5; SharePoint 2013. Manage; monitor and test backup/restore process. Be able to perform daily user administrative tasks and log and system monitoring. Recommend lab reconfiguration and upgrades in support of rapidly changing development and test environments within DoD environment and remotely support deployed applications; track and configure all assets
Provide support for a program, organization, system, or enclave's information assurance program
- Provide support for proposing, coordinating, implementing, and enforcing information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies
- Evaluate security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing FOUO and classified information
- Perform vulnerability/risk assessment analysis to support certification and accreditation
- Provide, Integrity and deployment of multiple types of information security products across the CAC enterprise SharePoint Portals
- Utilize PowerShell within the Windows Server operating environment.
- Develop and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provide advice and training to end-users & Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
- Review Change Management Plan, Configuration Management Plan and Patch Management Plan
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participate in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- DoD 8570.1M, IAT II Certification Security+CE required. MTA for Windows Server 2012 within 6 months of assuming position
5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
*Secret Clearance required.
- Familiar with Windows Server 2008/2012
- ASP .NET Software Development experience desired
- Experience working in a DOD STIG environment
- Five years practical experience in computer programing in an Enterprise SharePoint environment. (Preferred)
- Experience in database design & SQL Server Reporting Services (Preferred
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Windows Server 2008