Reviews, analyzes, approves or rejects complex business within letter of authority. Serve as liaison with company personnel regarding company business opportunities and problem resolution. Responsible for providing temporary assistance to field BDC and providing input when requested as part of the territory's or regions overall agency plan.
RESPONSIBILITIES / TASKS:
* Calculates, prepares and develops premium quotations using corporate underwriting guidelines within letter of authority
* Determines underwriting eligibility for prospective policyholders and develops appropriate pricing for new business, renewals, and endorsements
* Analyzes and reviews prospective accounts for insurability and accepts or rejects within letter of authority.
* Supports agency relationships.
* Supports agency plans in cooperation with other staff.
* Addresses agents' and policyholders' concerns/needs.
* Develops new business and retention of existing business in a given territory or region.
* Explains and emphasizes benefit of workers' compensation insurance products and services to customers (agents and policyholders).
* Works with all internal departments to resolve problems and maintain company relations.
* Participates as necessary on special committees and task forces.
* Interprets and develops territory reports which reflect the status of the territory.
* Participates in promotional plans for both Accident Fund and agent activities.
* Analyzes and reviews production and loss information for agents.
* Prepares periodic reports as requested
* Researches and coordinates responses to agents, policyholders and regulatory entities
* Analyzes agency performance and develop corrective action plans as needed to correct poor performance.
* Analyze accounts to determine exposure and proper pricing
* Gathers competitive and product information from the field
* Responsible for profitability of territory.
* Trains agency employees on the use of company specific automation systems
* Reviews loss trends and develops action plans to correct problem areas
* Supports schedule for large account service plans with claims, loss control, premium audit, and other departments as needed
* Provides input for agency advisory council meetings
* Assists in the development of regional goals
Performs other related duties which may not be specifically listed in the position description, but which are within the general occupational series and responsibility level typically associated with the employee's class of work.
Business Development Company (Bdc)