To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Los Angeles, CA 91605
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Engineering Intern (Summer 2019)
MEGGITT • Los Angeles, CA
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
Meggitt Control Systems is a global leader in the design, development, manufacturing and support of aerospace valves, heat-exchangers, high-pressure ducting, thermal management and environmental control systems for customers in aerospace, defense and energy.
We are looking for strong, innovative and high energy candidates to join the Meggitt team for our summer internship program supporting our Engineering Department.
Job Core Responsibilities
The Engineering Intern will directly assist the Engineering Management team with a wide variety of projects
- Develop an understanding of the practical application of one or more engineering disciplines.
- Make a contribution to the successful completion of internal and external deliverables.
- Assist the Engineering Department in developing and implementing more robust processes to support the business.
Describe the projects and activities the Intern would be performing:
- Participate in product qualification activities.
- Participate in engineering infrastructure activities.
- Participate in cross-functional projects to develop process improvements.
- Partner with the Sustaining Engineering team and support their current activities.
- Be committed to team excellence
- Excellent internal and external customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail, good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize with changing situations
- Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and other computer applications
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].