UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You've been working your way to this opportunity for some time now. You've learned to lead. You've built a deep expertise in health care network operations. You've set your sights on having more impact in more ways. It's time to join our leadership team and help UnitedHealth Group as we help make the health system more efficient and effective. You'll leverage your expertise and knowledge in new ways as you strike the balance between health care costs and resources. As you do, you'll discover the resources, backing and opportunities that you'd expect from a Fortune 7 leader.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of applications, reports, tools, and analysis to support out - of - network program initiatives and rate development in response to surprise billing legislation at both the federal and state levels
- Develop data-driven solutions to respond to complex business questions and problems
- Construct multi-step programs to transform data sets into usable formats for analysis and reporting
- Extract and load large data sets containing claim, member, provider, and customer information using SQL and related application and tools
- Develop standardized processes and methodologies that are efficiently executed and well-documented
- Identify and troubleshoot data issues and develop appropriate coding solutions
- Work as part of multi-disciplinary teams that include stakeholders from healthcare economics, network management, legal, and regulatory, executive staffs
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of analytical experience in financial analysis, health care pricing, network management, healthcare economics or related discipline
- 3+ years of experience in creating and using financial modeling tools, spreadsheets, and information acquisition tools to perform financial impact analysis, risk management and data manipulation
- 3+ years of experience with provider payment methodologies and health care products
- 3+ years of experience working with large databases to produce a focused analysis with proficiency in SQL and/or SAS for data manipulation and reporting
- Advanced level proficiency in MS Excel
- Moderate proficiency in Tableau, Power BI or similar data analytics / visualization tool
- Undergraduate degree
- Experience with medical claims data
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut, New York or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut/New York/Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.