Our client is a Boston-based financial investment firm that serves over twenty million customers. They employ tens of thousands of individuals and manage trillions of dollars in assets. With almost a century of experience, this financial services company is an industry leader, both nationally and globally. Our client is known for being a great place to work, and they are looking for a Front End Developer to join their team.
We will accept corp to corp or w2 contractors. For our w2 consultants, we offer a great benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits, 401k with company matching, and life insurance.
Responsibilities of the Front End Developer:
- Work within an Architecture Development Team and collaborate with business partners to deliver Java software application solutions and systems changes
- Participate in the definition of both functional and non-functional requirements of a system and define the development strategy, standards and support tools
- Write source code, adapt existing components, and test the developed components as units
- Creating test stubs and test data as necessary
- Define and ensure compliance to standards and best practices for development including change management, release management, & source code control
- Able to work under technical leadership/guidance and leverages best practices in design and development from tech leads
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the products and business domain
- Build and maintain strong working relationship with the internal team, business partners, architecture, and external teams
- Responsible for migrating code deliverables and technical solutions through the development, test and production environments
- Actively participate in backlog grooming, planning sessions, daily scrums, retrospectives, and any other team meetings
Requirements of the Front End Developer:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent training and experience
- 6+ years total years of software development experience
- 5+ years of Java/J2EE development in an enterprise level environment
- 3+ years of Web UI development experience with Angular framework and Typescript
- Extensive with single-page application design and implementation
- Ability to create new UI screens from wireframe UX designs
- Experience with responsive design and optimizing html for desktop and mobile devices
- Extensive experience with cross-browser development and support (IE, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, mobile browsers)
- Experience with CSS Preprocessors (SASS or LESS or Stylus)
- Experience writing reusable UI Components
- Strong back-end experience with JAVA Restful API supporting Front end systems driven by Angular
- Experience with Git in a feature branch environment using peer code review and CI/CD
- Experience writing unit and integration testing using, Karma, Jasmine, Protractor
- 3+ years working in an Agile/Scrum/Lean environment and using JIRA
- Experience with DevOps and CI/CD practices and tools such as Jenkins, or Concourse
Keywords: CI, CD, DevOps, CSS, Java Restful API, Angular, Edge, IE, UX Designs
Job ID: 328850
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging over 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a URL blocked - click to apply!
Scrum (Software Development)
Single Page Application