Senior Manufacturing Engineer - Metal Stamping - Tool & Die
A challenging and rewarding career opportunity exists with our client who is a growing leader within their respective industry. Our client has a strong commitment to producing quality products and intimate service to a diverse customer base throughout the world.
Due to a recent promotion, our client is seeking a highly motivated and skilled Manufacturing Engineer with strong expertise with metal stamping and tool & die. This position will play an integral role in providing daily tool & die production support while also providing an integral role in improving key manufacturing and business processes.
Primary Responsibilities Will Include:
- Oversee production support, maintenance, and process control of tooling for highly aesthetic component with a special emphasis on progressive and draw dies up and presses up to 900 tons in capacity
- Support cost reduction, efficiency improvements, and other continuous improvement projects
- Provide technical support for engineering, maintenance, tool & die, and operations
- Expedite equipment and tooling repairs with a sense of urgency
- Specify and install new capital equipment as required
Requirements and Desired Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Industrial/Mechanical) is preferred, but not required
- 5+ years of manufacturing engineering experience in stamping and tool & die
- Experience implementing new technologies and automation in a manufacturing environment
- Significant experience with safety, process and tooling for hydraulic/mechanical and pneumatic presses
- Experience supporting on-going production and new product development efforts
- Experience providing technical support for engineering, operations and vendor related questions
- Plan and implement process improvements as needed
- Focus on safe and efficient manufacturing processes
- Experience with stainless steels, pre-painted materials as well as low carbon steels are essential
- Knowledge of quality control systems
- Business knowledge related to process costing and capital equipment justification
- Computer skills including AutoCad, Solidworks and Microsoft office proficiency
- Understanding of Fluid Power systems (Hydraulic and Pneumatic)
- Basic understanding of electrical concepts and controls
- Understanding of PLC systems and ability to troubleshoot
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate and positively influence a wide range of stakeholders - factory floor to customers
Our client is dedicated to being a preferred employer, providing career development opportunities designed to maximize employee potential while offering great advancement opportunities along the way. To that end, they offer competitive salaries, outstanding benefits packages, and an excellent working environment! Please apply if you are interested in being considered.
* Please note all resumes and candidate information submitted are kept in the strictest confidence. No resume will be released without the candidate's prior permission.
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)