Arconic (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthroughproducts that shape industries. Working in close partnership with ourcustomers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly,drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edgeadvanced manufacturing techniques, we deliver these products at a quality andefficiency that ensure customer success and shareholder value.
In the first half of 2020 Arconic will separate into twostand-alone industry-leading public companies. Each will have significantglobal reach. To learn more about this exciting transformation, visit ourwebsite.
Arconic is currently in search of a Trust Investment Administrator to join the Treasury group inPittsburgh, PA.
The primary purpose of this position is to administer theon-going operations and cash flows of the Arconic Master Trusts related to Arconic’sdefined benefit/pension and defined contribution/savings plans as well as theArconic Foundation portfolio. This position involves duties such astracking the flow of cash and investment securities; providing necessaryguidance and instruction to Master Trustees to assure timely and accuratetransfer of Trust Assets, recording and monitoring information from the ArconicRetirement Savings Plan record keeper and trustee concerning daily cash flows;preparation of various reports for Executive Management, Arconic Board ofDirectors, and Resource Units related to trust performance, asset allocation,cash flow, future commitments, etc; auditing and processing of Master Trustfees, and administering the Arconic Self-Assessment audit process.
Major Activities/Key Challenges:
- Interacts with Investment Managers and Master Trustees on a daily basis to provide necessary instructions to assure timely and accurate transfer of Trust Assets as well as to obtain necessary data to satisfy internal reporting requirements.
- Tracks Master Trust disbursement account cash flows and reconciles with Trustee records. Interacts as necessary with Trustees to resolve any discrepancies.
- Responds to inquiries from Trustees, Investment Managers, Custodians and Arconic personnel regarding Master Trust transactions, status of legal documents, policies and procedures. Independently researches and communicates required information.
- Tracks the flow of Marketable Securities and/or cash associated with stock distributions, cash distributions and capital calls. Maintains appropriate records of such transactions.
- Calculates investment management fees on a quarterly basis. Reconciles where necessary with Trustee and Investment Managers. Obtains proper approval, submits to Trustee for payment, maintains fee records and prepares fee reports and accruals for accountants and auditors.
- Compiles data and prepares monthly and year-to-date reports on the Arconic Retirement Savings Plan, Arconic Master Trust and Arconic Foundation investment managers as to valuations, asset allocation and current and historical returns.
- Administers the Arconic Self-Assessment audit process for the Pension Investments Department, including organizing self-assessment meetings, coordinating audit testing, and entering results into the tracking system.
- Provides analytical support as necessary for special projects
- Maintains Pension Investments shared directory for investment manager reporting, financial statements, pension cashflows, fees, projects etc.
Essential Knowledge & Skills
- Basic understanding of Investment Trust activities, including roles, responsibilities and interaction of various parties, e.g., Plan Sponsor, Trustee, Investment Managers, Consultants, etc; cash and marketable securities flows; general bookkeeping/recordkeeping, overall Trust administration.
- Managing Director, Pension Investments; Senior Manager, Pension Investments; Master Trustees, Investment Managers, Consultants, Actuaries, Auditors, Resource Units, - e.g. Human Resources, Accounting, Legal, Tax
- Associate's Degree from an accredited institution
- At least 3 years of financial or treasury experience
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution
- A level of knowledge normally acquired through advanced vocational education and specialized training
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communications skills to interact with various major customers