The Vice President of Development for Multifamily and affordable housing developments will be responsible to lead and execute developments from start to completion. The position will sit in a 10 people team and report directly into the Head of Development.
My client is a highly reputable Real Estate Developer and operator of Multifamily, mixed-income and affordable housing properties. With focus on the New England area the team is currently looking to add an experienced development professional to execute developments and report into the Head of Development.
The VP of Development will be responsible to:
- Report directly into the Head of Development and provide guidance to the junior consultants on the team.
- Work closely with the Head of Development and the core leadership team on new acquisitions and collaborate with state housing agencies and lenders on projects and strategy development.
- Execute deals from start to finish including acquisitions, project financing, design, financial analysis with the development team.
- Effectively manage the deal closings, debt and equity negotiations, permitting and agency reviews.
Interact and manage 3rd parties such as GCs, architects, building officials and represent the company at public settings.
Manage the existing team and provide guidance and mentorship to junior associates on the team.
Apply today for immediate consideration, Boston location.
The ideal candidate for the VP of Development will have:
- Bachelor degree in Real Estate Finance, Economics, Business Mgmt. or a related field
- Master degree preferred
- 4+ years experience in affordable housing, market rate developments/Multi-family projects
- Proficient in the full development process from start to finish, financial modeling and analysis
- Previous experience in leadership/mentoring of junior staff
- Appetite to be in a leadership position and run 75% self-sufficient
In return, a successful candidate will receive:
- Competitive, above market average base compensation
- Bonus potential and benefit plan
- Highly reputable and stable real estate developer
- Boston office location with projects in NY, MA, RI, VA
development, real estate
Mergers And Acquisitions