To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Camp Shelby, MS
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
25P Microwave Systems Operator/Maintainer
Army National Guard • Camp Shelby, MS
Posted 3 days ago
Age Requirements: Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
The call to action can’t be answered if the equipment doesn’t function properly, and that’s where the communications maintenance team comes in. As a Microwave Systems Operator/Maintainer in the Army National Guard, you’ll join the team that works to keep the transmittal of communication flowing through channels, so your fellow troops in the field continue to succeed.
Microwave Systems Operator/Maintainers are primarily responsible for installing, operating, and maintaining microwave communications systems. They also work with associated antennas, multiplexing, and communications security equipment.
• Monitor and restore telecommunications circuits, trunk groups, and systems
• Maintain circuit, link, system, and station records and reports
Some of the Skills You’ll Learn
• Mechanical and electrical principles
• Preventive maintenance procedures
• Line installation and wiring techniques
• Communication security policies and procedures
• Interest in working with electronic equipment
• Interest in problem solving
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience to enjoy a civilian career with companies or government agencies that design, repair, or make communications and electronic equipment.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to learn. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for a Microwave Systems Operator/Maintainer consists of 10 weeks of Basic Training, where you'll learn basic Soldiering skills, and 11 weeks of Advanced Individual Training (AIT). Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field.
- Paid training
- A monthly paycheck
- Montgomery GI Bill
- Federal and State tuition assistance
- Retirement benefits for part-time service
- Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
- 401(k)-type savings plan
- Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing loans)
- Health care benefits available
- VA home loans
- Bonuses, if applicable
- Most non-prior service candidates will earn between $200 and $250 per drill weekend, subject to change
- Military enlistment in the Army National Guard
- Must be at least a junior in high school, or have a high school diploma or a GED certificate
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
- Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet legal and moral standards
- Must meet citizenship requirements (see NATIONALGUARD.com for details)
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability.
This position may qualify for a bonus, ask your National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information.