To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Blacksburg, VA
- Liz Fredrick
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
QA Technician- 2nd Shift
Spectrum Brands • Blacksburg, VA
Posted 1 month ago
Spectrum Brands - The Pet Care business unit of Spectrum Brands is based in St. Louis, Missouri with distribution, manufacturing and sales offices throughout the US and globe. Owners of dogs, cats, birds, small animals, fish and reptiles rely on our brands for exceptional value and trusted results. Our industry-leading brands include Tetra®, Instant Ocean®, Marineland®, 8-in-1®, Dingo®, FURminator®, Nature's Miracle®, GloFish®, DreamBone® and SmartBones®.
This position will be responsible for inspection of in-process materials and finished goods to ensure compliance with specification requirements. In addition, responsibilities include performing product analyses and release for use, analyzing data, maintaining laboratory environment and maintaining product paperwork and spreadsheets.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Manufacturing Floor Responsibilities
- Performs inspections of raw or finished goods. Duties also include problem solving, evaluations, recommendations and documentation for course of action based upon the results of inspection.
- Conduct product and equipment inspections to assure quality specifications are met.
- Conduct In process product and Finished product reviews, to determine compliance to Standard Operating Procedures or other relative documentation.
- Communicate equipment problems to Supervisor providing information as what equipment, problem, frequency, etc.
- Performing finished good in-process measurements (weights and torque) and input subsequent data in the automated SPC data collection system Gain Seek.
- Maintaining and updating QC inspection sheets and Gain Seek data base standards per current work order requirements.
- Cross trained to perform similar coverage for Technical Manufacturing QA duties
- Following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), analyze in-process samples in support of manufacturing operations.
- Viscometer, pH Meter, Pycnometer and Burette among others.
- Analyze data to ensure results are within specifications or tolerances and make decisions regarding release of product for production use.
- Perform all testing necessary to support Salt Room Manufacturing
- Function well in a fast-paced environment to support manufacturing operations in a timely manner.
- Organize and maintain paperwork associated with manufacturing operations in a manner which supports product traceability.
- With managerial support, enforce quality standards and carry out quality programs in all phases of the product life cycle.
- Knowledge/Familiarity working in a FDA regulated environment with associated Product / Consumer Safety requirements.
- Ability to function in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
Education and Experience Profile
- 2 year degree Technical Field preferred (Chemistry, Biology, Food Science) or equivalent experience (4 years minimum) in chemical manufacturing and laboratory environment
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a QA system preferred. Computer experience required including MS Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel) preferred.
- Experience or demonstrated understanding of statistical concepts or specification interpretation helpful.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good and effective written and oral communicate skills
- Attention to details
- Strong multitasking abilities
- Computer knowledge in SAP and SPX
- Knowledgeable in Lean Manufacturing concepts
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing and lab environment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.