You are a talented Data Analyst who is passionate about games and understanding players. You excel at analysis and presentation of performance metrics and trends and are able to translate product questions into quantifiable answers from live data. Collaboration, iteration, curiosity, and problem solving are key for your day-to-day work with the game team helping to reveal the performance of the game and opportunities to positively impact the business. The ideal candidate is proactive, taking the initiative to investigate product health and player behavior, gather data, and make recommendations to stakeholders independently and often.
Senior Data Analyst - BigBox Responsibilities:
1. Become an expert on the player experience and the relationships between in-game systems and features.
2. Discover insights by analyzing data and player experiences, leading to moving the needle on metrics that drive business goals.
3. Collaborate with the team to define metrics, evaluate if the player experience is in line with the product goals and KPIs, and make projections of expected future trends.
4. Create visualizations and dashboards to present findings to a wide variety of stakeholders.
5. Evaluate and recommend new tools and implementations for data recording, analysis, and visualization.
6. Provide relevant context to inform/influence group decision-making, understand the impact of recurring releases, compare changes to historical trends, and recommend improvements to move key metrics.
7. Mentor and share best practices with other Analysts in the studio.
8. Establish standards around data formatting and requirements.
9. 5+ years experience in quantitative analysis and presentation.
10. 5+ years experience in SQL or other querying language.
11. 5+ years experience in data manipulation/visualization tools (e.g. Python/R).
12. Proven track record of research and recommendation (develop the methods to answer research questions, conduct analyses, and communicate findings to a variety of audiences and stakeholders).
13. Experience initiating and driving multiple projects to completion.
14. Experience quickly iterating with the team to find and share performance results.
15. Knowledge of statistics (e.g., hypothesis testing, regression).
16. Experience with Root Cause analysis.
17. Experience with live service products, free to play games, or social products.
18. Experience with machine learning techniques (clustering, classification, prediction, etc.).
19. Experience with econometric concepts and methods (IV, synthetic controls, etc.).
20. Experience with popular first-person shooter and battle royale games.
21. Experience shipping LiveOps games or VR title(s).
**Equal Opportunity:** Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Senior Data Analyst - BigBox
- Data Processing
- Data Visualization
- Group Decision Making