To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Vestal, NY 13850
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Lead Engineer - Oracle DBA - Energy Control Systems
AVANGRID, Inc • Vestal, NY
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
- Provides support for the AVANGRID Energy Control Systems used to operate electric transmission and distribution systems (EMS/SCADA/ADMS/ OMS & Back office based platforms). Defines and maintains Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition (SCADA) databases and definitions, maintains telemetry data and evaluates and maintains accurate information in the EMS.
- Support the specification, design, testing and development of the EMS system to ensure that changing functional requirements are met
- Design enhancements to the ECS systems to improve the user interfaces
- Monitors and ensures that systems and components are designed, installed, tested, operated and maintained according to operational requirements and standards for safety and reliability
- Document and review commissioning procedures, provides operational assistance and troubleshooting
- Analyzes key power system data for engineers to ensure that the bulk electric system can operate in a safe, reliable and coordinated manner in accordance with ISO/RTO operating principles and standards.
- Works within the Control Center environment and supports Cyber Security requirements for the Control Center operations. Maintains and creates documentation for supported platforms and systems to meet all regulatory
- Have an in depth technical understanding of all system components.
- Capable of designing and implementing novel control system components and can optimize system components.
- Has an in depth understanding of virtual environments.
- Has an in depth understanding of controls architecture as it pertains to security, data flow, and networking.
- Capable of providing valuable input to system design.
- Strong Collaboration and Leadership Skills.
- Assists with creation of time saving standardization.
General Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of Electrical Theory and understanding of the Electric Transmission and Distribution
- Field testing methodology, develop testing plans. Ability to interpret engineering documentation:
Control System Architecture drawings, P&IDs, electric control/loop diagrams and other engineering specifications.
- Understanding of relevant Compliance Regulations and Policies. (NERC-CIP, Etc.)
- Working understanding of the NERC-CIP ECS requirements.
- Understanding and a good knowledge of Databases (Oracle,MS SQL Server Etc.)
- How to query, configure and edit.
- Understanding Networking, security, computer hardware, software applications and data communication equipment.
- Understand and interpret Network diagrams, firewall rules, ports and services.
- The ability to demonstrate good communication skills both written and orally. Experience to make sound decisions will working in a high pressure environment outside normal working hours.
- Working in storm or other emergency conditions for 24x7x365 system support
- Able to work independently and contribute proactively to drive results.
- Able to develop effective business cases for system enhancements.
- Capable of educating other engineers.
- Capable for reviewing work of less experienced engineers and ensures quality even on relatively complex tasks or projects.
- Working knowledge of PHMSA Control Room Management requirements.
- Knowledge in Gas Measurement fundamentals.
- Ability to create scripts or a compiled application interacting with the SCADA application API and libraries.
Key Technical Working Skills
- Computer Operating System Administration and Support (E.g.: Unix (Solaris 10/11), Linux, Windows)
- Strong background in Oracle Database Administration including Oracle Data Guard and RAC (11R2/12c1/12c2)
- Strong background in PL/SQL Programming, Stored Procedures, Triggers and Transaction management.
- Experience in OS installations, implementation, integration, maintenance and testing in a client/server applications
- Experience implementing security at the database, application and operating system level.
- ECS NERC-CIP Compliance Support (EX:CIP-005, 007, 009, 010, 011)
- ECS Support for Multiple Environments (Databases E.g.: Oracle, SQL Server; ECS Specific Applications E.g.: ABB Network Manager, GE X21, Siemens Spectrum, AVEVA OASyS DNA; Specialty Control System Applications E.g.; Access Administration E.g.: LDAP, Kerberos, Active Directory; Protocols E.g.: ICCP, DNP, RS422, TCP/IP, Modbus; Environment Navigation E.g.: RDP, PuTTy, FTP, VNC; Specialty Calculation Programming EX: Matlab, ABB Calc)
- Understanding the requirement to support 24x7x365 Control Room
- Operations Advanced Technical Documentation skills (E.g.: Operational Procedures Maintenance for ISO and TO, Control Systems Standards)
- Ability to work with other departments and has a working knowledge of other business areas.
- ECS Historian Applications Support (E.g.: UDW PI Interface for multiple environments, Application Server PI Interface, ORA-DB, SQL- Loader , Data Guard)
- Understands control system software, hardware, and network design including concepts such as application, hardware high availability, and redundant networking.
- Advanced troubleshooting skillset and ability to independently troubleshoot control system issues.
- GIS & Interfaces troubleshooting and support( E.g.: ESRI and ArcFM cartographic tools, SQL Server, Python database programming) Distribution Network Applications-DNA( Load and Generator Modeling, Optimal power Flow simulation, optimal feeder reconfiguration, Volt/Var control optimization)
- TNA & DNA Database administration (E.g.: CIM, SDM, DBNETD, SQL, IDDUG files)
- Computer language programing (E.g.: : Java, C, .Net, Perl, Python, VBscript, Java Script, KSH, BSH, SqlPlus, HTA, HTML) and development environment (EX: Netbeans, Visual Studio)
Education and Experience
Meet at least one of the following
- AS Engineering Degree with 10+ year’s technical experience
- BS Degree with 7+ year’s technical experience
- MS Technical related Degree with 3+ year’s technical experience
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or email@example.com