About AramarkAramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world's leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities.Aramark is recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Avendra is North America's leading hospitality procurement services provider. Avendra was founded in 2001 by hospitality management companies looking to leverage buying power and create efficiencies in supply chain management. Acquired by Aramark in 2017, Avendra now manages supplier contracts and sourcing responsibilities for Aramark businesses in North America, other group purchasing organizations owned by Aramark, as well as our traditional hospitality clients. We combine years of hospitality expertise, purchasing power, services and software to help customers impact the bottom line, improve operational performance, and better serve guests and customers. Avendra is headquartered in Rockville, Maryland and employs about 400 associates. Description
Position Summary. The Staff Accountant, General Ledger will be an integral part of the Accounting team by supporting the Senior Accounting Manager with the monthly close, variance analysis and account reconciliations.
Position Reports toSenior Accounting Manager
- Prepare daily corporate cash journal entries for all companies and distribute daily cash activity to accounts receivable
- Reconcile all bank statements and serve as the primary contact for all bank correspondence
- Prepare assigned entries and accounts reconciliations for BuyEfficient, LLC
- Perform variance analysis on department P&L statements on a monthly basis
- Prepare schedules for quarterly reporting package and SEC reporting
- Serve as administrator of the 3rd party accounts payable software for Avendra, LLC and respond to Avendra, LLC vendor inquiries and research vendor statements
- Run monthly report on unclaimed property and follow-up with vendors
- Prepare and mail 1099 reports to vendors annually
- Prepare SOX and financial statement audit schedules
- Backup for Staff Accountant, General Ledger
- Prepare tax schedules
- Perform ad hoc analysis and reporting
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Problem Solving & Analytical Skills
- Quality & Continuous Improvement
- Effective Written and Oral Communications
- Taking Initiative
- Results Orientation
Other Duties. Please note this role description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Environment. This job operates in an office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical Demands.This is largely a sedentary role with some light lifting of files possibly needed. Qualifications
- Proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Word
- Strong technical accounting, internal control and financial analysis skills
- Strong written and oral communication
- Well-organized, able to effectively manage multiple priorities
Overnight Travel Requirements. Type: None
Years of Relevant Experience. 2-4 years of experience
Education Requirements. BS/BA in relevant field required Accounting Major required, must be eligible for the CPA exam
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles