The Mechanical Reliability Engineer position has primary responsibility for providing programs and projects to improve equipment reliability, developing maintenance procedures to reduce maintenance cost, addressing emergent equipment issues, and fostering continuous improvement.
- Review and upgrade existing preventive maintenance works orders. With the focus on improving overall equipment uptime and reliability.
- Work closely with Operations, Engineering, and Maintenance Supervision towards equipment reliability
- Develop engineering solutions to maintenance problems, including ways of reducing or eliminating the need for maintenance through equipment replacement or improvement work.
- Provide technical support to maintenance personnel on equipment repairs, troubleshooting problems and equipment reliability issues.
- Assist in evaluation of existing and new equipment design and installation on aspect of safety and environmental issues.
- Assist with writing Maintenance Procedures
- Participate in and/or lead incident investigations, utilizing root cause failure analysis techniques and risk-based assessment skills.
Degree in mechanical or chemical engineering.
Experience in the petrochemical, refining or power industry
A preferrable background in rotating equipment is preferred.
Experience with mechanical integrity programs or process control
- Chemical Engineering
- Failure Analysis
- Preventive Maintenance