GHD has an excellent opportunity for a Project Engineer
work with our Solid Waste Team located in either our Irvine or Long Beach California offices Working with the Solid Waste Team, this position offers good variety of work and will see you involved in
What you will bring
- Lead or provide technical support on projects as needed, including but not limited to, planning, data analysis, site layouts, preliminary sizing, design management, regulations review, and permitting support.
- Develop and write documents to GHD or client standards, including memos, letters, reports, figures, spreadsheets and presentations.
- Lead proposal development, including technical approach, work plans and fee estimates.
- Communicate clearly and efficiently with internal multi-disciplinary team to rapidly disseminate tasks, resources, and schedules, including drafting, database, chemistry, geotechnical, hydrogeological, civil, structural, architectural, mechanical, electrical, and a variety of support staff.
- Interface with public and private clients throughout business development efforts and project delivery.
- Identify, evaluate and develop new business in the sector using a client-facing and service mentality, across the range of new and traditional waste management practices. Engage in new technological developments in solid waste, with the ability to work technically in the field and to develop client relationships in the space.
- Conduct research and tracking of related regulations, papers, studies, and industry activity and share findings orally and in writing.
- Manage projects including contracts, budget, progress, schedule, and invoicing.
- Possible travel throughout the US and stay overnight, including project sites, client offices, GHD’s offices or conferences.Lead and mentor junior and support staff.
- Participate in various industry-related organizations, workshops, and technical conferences, including presentations to small and large audiences.
- Adhere to GHD Quality System and Safety Program.
- Complete ongoing training assignments using GHD’s learning center.
Our commitment to you
- Bachelor's degree in Civil, Mechanical Engineering or Environmental Engineering required. Masters preferred.
- Minimum 5-10 years of related working experience; a plus if in consulting.
- PE or PEng License preferred but not required.
- Proficient with MS Office applications and ability to learn other systems; a plus if proficient in CADD.
- Maintain a valid drivers’ license. Excellent communications skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- High level of energy and willingness to work as a team in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Flexible – ability to adapt to changing requirements and priorities.
- Ability and desire to work in the growing field of sustainable waste management, working with new and emerging technologies to offer reliable, efficient solutions for GHD clients
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements. Why GHD?
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own? About GHD As one of the world’s leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience. Interested?
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
Attention To Detail