NGHS: Opportunities thrive here.
NGHS is currently looking for a Unit Assistant for our Surgical Trauma Unit in Gainesville
Full Time, Day Shift
7:00pm - 7:00am, Three 12 hour shifts per week.
Sign On Bonus, Tuition Reimbursement Offered
N5G is a 22-bed nursing unit with all private rooms, three equipped to be utilized as negative pressure rooms and 1 equipped with bariatric ceiling lifts. As a surgical trauma unit, care is rendered to a variety of trauma patients including but not limited to:
- Trauma surgery and related injuries
- Orthopedic trauma and related injuries
- Emergent and scheduled general surgery • Other medical and surgical patients in times of high census
A non-licensed, staff member who is trained to be flexible in a variety of nursing support and transport duties. Provides clerical support by maintaining patient records, unit supplies, equipment, and serving as a facilitator for communications for the assigned area. Performs a variety of clinical tasks including, but not limited to, nursing units, cleaning and stocking of patient’s rooms and other unit areas, and direct patient care within the scope of defined practice. Functions under the direction of a Shift Primary Nurse. Cares for patients in the adolescent, adult, and geriatric age groups. Performs duties in accordance with population specific guidelines and adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as outlined in policy and procedures.
- Current Georgia Certified Nursing Assistant or successful completion of Fundamentals of Nursing Course if a nursing student
- Must have Basic Life Support Certification through the American Heart Association
- Previous experience in patient care setting preferred but not required
Northeast Georgia Health System strongly believes in our quest for excellence. Part of our quest is to help you find a new opportunity to expand your knowledge. We are thrilled you want to learn a new area at NGHS and are excited to see you grow!
Northeast Georgia Health System is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
- Basic Life Support
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Clinical Works
- Health Care