Company is looking for an exceptional executive and business builder to partner with the CEO in leading and driving the next stage of Company growth. As the Senior Vice President of Sales, you will shape and manage sales strategy and operations across a robust portfolio of print and digital language education solutions. The ideal executive will be a dynamic leader with a compelling track record in educational sales and an impeccable reputation as a manager, mentor and team builder. The professional will be ambitious, strategic, hands-on, analytical, collaborative, detail-oriented and relentless in pursuing growth. They will thrive in a fast-paced and agile environment and will earn the respect of colleagues at all levels by virtue of their capabilities, leadership and results.
- Develop and manage a successful sales organization that delivers exceptional results; achieve revenue goals in all markets
- Partner with President & CEO to craft effective revenue growth strategies across markets and product segments
- Provide strategic guidance, management and leadership for the development and execution of global sales strategy
- Define and execute sales plans to ensure predictable, repeatable, and scalable revenue performance
- Communicate sales strategies and vision across all sales functions and effectively cascade across tangential business units; closely monitor the operability of strategic plans as the team(s) execute and proactively revise as needed; ensure that front-line teams and sales structure are focused on executing the correct goals
- Ensure the structure, staffing, governance and metrics are in place to achieve and exceed revenue and growth targets
- Build an agile sales structure that aligns talent with business needs and provides opportunities for growth and development across levels
- Manage a team of experienced and developing sales-managers
- Partner with regional sales leadership to define optimal KPI’s to ensure sales organization success
- Direct, develop and provide coaching and mentorship
- Work in tandem with sales leadership and other internal stakeholders to develop a sales training program designed to develop and a growing sales organization
- Develop and drive yearly sales budget as well as regular reforecast for revenue and margin, working closely with finance
- Maintain close overview of the revenue pipeline and leads, adjusting as necessary to create sustainable growth and provide regular reports and presentations; driving diligence around pipeline tracking within the team
- Establish a process to evaluate and understand challenges, obstacles, and gaps in the market, and provide effective strategies to fill in those gaps
- Maintain a high level of understanding of the market landscape, competitive insights, consumer trends across markets and use knowledge to advance sales strategies and communicate to the field.
- Build and maintain highly collaborative cross-functional relationships with internal stakeholders in Marketing, Product Development, Technology, Editorial and Finance
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
- 15+ years of relevant K-20 sales experience in the ed-tech/ education publishing market coupled with significant outside-sales management experience
- Experience with sales strategy planning and execution, sales operations, business planning, and sales support management
- Strong language-learning sales background and experience with technology based products
- Finely tuned to the challenges and opportunities in the K-20 market (at the local, national and global level)
- Significant track record of success developing, managing and executing sales strategies. This includes expertise in creating and managing budgets, external resources and relationships.
- Excellent team building skills, proven results building, motivating, coaching and leading highly-effective teams, across levels, in agile environments
- Ability to navigate a dynamic, fast-paced, cross-functional environment with agility
- Excellent strategic thinking, negotiation and analytical skills; proven ability to develop and carryout complex and effective strategic sales plans; results oriented and able to balance ‘big picture’ thinking with detailed and highly organized execution; able to think strategically to map back to specific goals
- High level of comfort working with sales technology and analytics; able to make sense of data quickly and uses data to inform decisions and drive impact
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial; a leader as well as doer and a subject matter expert.
- Must be willing to travel as needed
New Business Development