To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Portland, OR
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Driver/Armed Security Guard
GardaWorld Cash Services • Portland, OR
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
GardaWorld is the world’s largest privately owned security services company offering a wide range of highly focused business solutions including leading-edge security services and cash solutions. In over two decades, our work has taken us from our home base in Montreal to the oil fields of Iraq, and embassies across Africa. We’re also present in financial institutions in the US and airports in Canada. We operate across a broad range of sectors, including financial services, infrastructure, natural resources and retail. Our clients include Fortune 500 companies and governments with people and assets deployed around the world. Headquartered in Montreal, Canada, our 62,000 highly trained, dedicated professionals serve clients in North America, Africa and the Middle East. In today’s complex world, security has become a vital concern for everyone and is the foundation of our present and future success.
GardaWorld Cash Services is seeking highly qualified individuals with driving and security skills for challenging positions as armed Driver/Messengers. Selected candidates are responsible for the transport of coin, currency, and other valuables. These individuals serve as the face of GardaWorld through their daily customer interactions while conducting secured and certified transfers of customers’ packages. Safety and security are of the greatest importance in this role and therefore the strongest candidates must be able to maintain the highest degree of security and control at all times both on-location and on the road to ensure the safety of themselves, those around them and the packages in transit.
All positions are armed.
- Candidates must be able to travel for training
- High school diploma/general equivalency diploma or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 21 years of age or older
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Heavy lifting required (50lbs+)
- Have and be able to maintain an active driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record
- Have or be able to obtain and maintain active guard and firearm permits or licenses on a current basis as required by state regulations
- Willing to operate large vehicles in all weather and traffic conditions
- No experience necessary but, experience as a driver and/or security guard is a plus
- Candidates with Military experience we encourage to apply
GardaWorld offers competitive wages and a great benefits package for full time employees: medical, dental, vision, holiday pay, paid vacation, 401K plan and much more!
Candidates must meet the company's hiring criteria to include a pre-employment background investigation and drug test. Physical exam and other testing may be required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and drug free workplace.