LRP Media Group is looking for a Staff Accountant to join our team. This position will provide management with financial information by researching and analyzing accounts, assists in the process of preparing monthly financial statements, balance sheets account reconciliations, bank reconciliations, budgeting process, assisting with revenue reconciliations and annual audit process. Responsibilities
- Preparation of monthly/yearly closings and reporting (tax and financial statement) for multiple companies
- Calculate and filing of sales and use tax on a monthly/quarterly basis
- Balance daily cash and credit cards for multiple companies into a variety of systems
- Post and process journal entries for revenue recognition and month end close according to legal and company accounting guidelines
- Prepare and analyze balance sheet account reconciliations and resolve discrepancies
- Partner with internal/external review requests
- Provide outstanding customer service to all who contact the accounting team
- Additional accounting responsibilities may be assigned including assistance with special technical projects, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 2 years of progressive experience as a B2B Staff Accountant
- NetSuite experience a PLUS or other Complex Accounting Software
- Detailed comprehensive knowledge of accounting and financial reporting principles
- Excellent time management skills and high-level attention to detail
- Ability to take ownership of projects, tasks, and responsibilities, with minimal supervision
- Experience working in private corporations
As an EO/AA employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran, or disability status. #CB
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 1268
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
LRP Media Group, founded in 1977 by Kenneth Kahn, is an innovative media giant serving millions of business and education professionals worldwide. Specializing in education administration, education law, education technology, federal employment, human resources, workers' compensation and disability, LRP publishes thousands of books, pamphlets, newsletters, videos and online resources. The company also produces five industry-leading print and digital magazines for key decision-makers: District Administration, Human Resource Executive®, HRM Asia, Risk & Insurance® and University Business. Additionally, LRP annually delivers top-quality training and professional development to more than 80,000 professionals through its 13 award-winning conferences and tradeshows in China, Singapore and the United States. LRP currently employs more than 500 professionals in its Connecticut, Florida, Pennsylvania, Singapore and Washington, D.C., offices. Headquartered in Palm Beach County since 1996, the company has more than $70 million in annual revenue.
View the full profile