The Bountiful Company, a Nestlé Health Science Company, is a pure play branded leader in global nutrition, living at the intersection of science and nature. As a manufacturer, marketer and seller of vitamins, minerals, herbal and other specialty supplements, and active nutrition products, we are focused on enhancing the health and wellness of people’s lives. The Bountiful Company’s portfolio of trusted brands includes Nature's Bounty®, Solgar®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Puritan’s Pride®, Sundown® and Ester-C®.
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Bountiful Company. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Bountiful Company is committed to supporting wellness in all forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.Job Description
We are growing! We are currently recruiting for a Manager, Technical Services to leads the functions of Tech Services team in Leonia, NJ. As the Manager, you will coach and provide leadership to the Tech Services team, with responsibilities for improving current products and processes, improving efficiencies, addressing manufacturing issues, seeking cost savings and maintaining networks of external partners.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversees the Tech Services department at a specific manufacturing site and works in partnership with the technical services director. Leads projects and teams in support of departmental plans.
- Works directly with director to recommend and implement organizational and procedural changes to deliver on bottom-line savings
- Provides resources to respond to day-to-day technical needs of manufacturing site. Evaluates business needs and allocates resources to project and business needs. Sets and refines team priorities as necessary to remain focused on objectives and project milestones under rapidly changing circumstances.
- Reviews and approves GMP-critical documentation, including batch records, amendments, experimental summaries, and qualification/validation reports.
- Leads outsourcing of manufacturing processes/technology transfers.
- Coaches Tech Services Scientists in defining and implementing innovative solutions for assigned tasks, balancing achievement of milestones with high quality standards.
- Assists Director in establishing and/or building core technical capabilities within Tech Services.
- Negotiates timeline commitments among Scientists, project teams, and contractors such that agreed objectives and timings for completion of activities are achieved. Rapidly communicates major changes to project plans to upper management.
- Looks for innovative and better ways of doing things. Actively looks to eliminate non-value added steps of processes and procedures.
- Provides appropriate guidance and coaching, and encourages others to achieve.
- Monitors, explores, and shares new scientific information, technologies, products and processes with the Science and Technology community.
- Develops strong collaborative relationships with other internal departments/groups. Fosters an environment of knowledge sharing.
- Creates and executes experimental plans and manufacturing trials to fit overall project objectives.
- Performs comprehensive, sophisticated and critical evaluation of own data and data from other scientists.
- Communicates/Collaborates with external groups to develop and/or evaluate new capabilities, formulations or claims.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s preferred
- 8+ years of experience in pharmaceutical or consumer (food, dietary supplement or OTC) environment involved in product development and manufacturing
- 3+ years of supervisory experience
- Working knowledge of manufacturing equipment. hands-on experience conducting R&D trials
- Able to complete root cause analysis, CAPA and deviations.
- Proven people management skills and development of direct reports
- Ability to lead, train, motivate, and work within a team
- Ability to maintain effectiveness during major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to within new work structures, processes, requirements or cultures
- Continuously looks for ways to do things faster and better, while maintaining high quality standards
- Is creative and intellectually curious; tries different and novel ways to solve obstacles.
- Proven technical leadership skills with experience using scientific principles to develop or improve products and/or validate processes
- Working knowledge of financial aspects of business, technical writing skills, computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft suite.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and customized computer applications given appropriate training
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities, excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with external partners and scientific experts
- Attention To Detail
- Business Requirements
- Claim Processing
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)