We are searching for a Superintendent to join our construction management team. Based in the Las Vegas Area, this position will assist the Project Manager to oversee the renovation activities for a property undergoing tax credit resyndication in this region. We are looking for candidates with at least 5 years of experience in multifamily renovation and large capital projects.
A Nevada General Contractor license is a requirement
Must have experience:
- Overseeing multiple projects on multiple properties
- Interior renovations
- Overseeing multiple subcontractor trades and coordinate suppliers and deliveries
- Managing interiors and capital projects schedules
- Quality control for ongoing and completed trades work
- High School Diploma
- Certified in First Aid and CPR (not required, but preferred)
- OSHA Certifications (not required, but preferred)
- Assist Project Manager with due diligence prep, contractor lists, follow up
- Assist Project Manager the day of due diligence procedures, assistance on site
- Assist Project Manager with the follow up on contractor proposals and DD items requiring additional research
Pre-closing and Closing to Kickoff
- 45-days prior to closing assist Project Manager with action plans for interior renovation mock up units, club house renovation, models, units, etc. requiring design specs.
- Assist Project Manager with the development of interiors spec book, prelim ready for kickoff meeting with alternates for upgrade finishes and/or cost savings.
- Initiate bid scopes of work and draft contract scopes/requests Become familiar with any immediate needs requirements (to be confirmed upon closing)
- Assist Project Manager with any pre-construction meeting (following closing, coordinate contractor pre-construction meetings prior to any major construction scope start)
- Assist Project Manager to complete interior renovation mockup unit/s (complete within 30 days of closing) and scheduling
- Become familiar with the insurance and licensing requirements
-Post-closing and Project Start
[Platform B vs. Platform A Type Projects-differences, responsibilities, and the Superintendent Role in each]
-Major projects bid scope development, bid out, and commit, scopes can start prior to closing
-Unit redev bid out and commitments, coordination with and assistance by Superintendent:
- Pre-walk/pre-inspect prospective redev units at least two weeks prior to start of unit construction and complete pre walk unit checklist.
- Show pre-walked units on unit status with projected completion for pre-leasing
- Units accepted from Property Management on a weekly basis.
- Goal-two week turn on all unit redev
- Units scheduling, quality control, punch lists, turn back to Property Management
- Complete the standard setup of the redev construction storage/office.
- Order and setup of all required PPE and Safety equipment
- Job Site Safety and required Safety training/meeting with contractors
- Emergency Response Situations and Incident Report Procedures
- Implement time management procedures and necessary tools
-Become familiar with contracts as they are written and executed. Monitor the commitment log for status and execution.
-Become familiar with cost projections for interiors
-Periodic updates-initiate all reporting templates upon closing:
- Daily log
- Field Agenda (weekly)
- Unit Status Report (weekly)
- Unit Renovation Schedule
- Job site progress photos (weekly)
- As Built worksheet (monthly)
-Weekly coordination meetings with Property Management
-Weekly coordination meetings with contractors
-Assist Project Manager with immediate needs implement, monitor, and complete prior to lender deadline
- Assist Project Manager with IPN list finalize with all documents and upload to SharePoint
-Continue periodic updates
-Unit Renovation Schedules:
- As Built
- Acceptance documentation Exterior/ Interior renovation projects
- Safety inspection and meetings
- Redevelopment reports and uploading of documentation in SharePoint.
During Scope and Project Completion
- Scope completion punch lists and final walks.