We are AAM. We have the POWER to move the world.
At AAM, we're looking for associates who push boundaries and drive solutions for the future. Innovators. Thinkers. Dreamers. Doers. No matter the role or function, every associate is a piece of what makes AAM great. We’re growing and building #TeamAAM to be the best. Join us!
Job Posting Title
Job Description Summary
Job Description Summary
AAM is a leading, global Tier-One automotive supplier of driveline and drivetrain systems and related
components for light trucks, SUVs, passenger cars, crossover vehicles and commercial vehicles with a regionally
cost competitive and operationally flexible global manufacturing, engineering and sourcing footprint.
Currently, AAM has for you to join our team at our facility located in Three Rivers,
Michigan as a Toolmaker. (Three Rivers, Michigan is 10 miles from the Indiana state line in
Qualifications for skilled trades include an Apprenticeship Certification or 8 years of documented experience on
company letterhead from previous employers working in the trade.
AAM offers a competitive wage of $33.00/hr to skilled trades associates and a comprehensive benefit package
including health care, profit sharing, 401 (k) , paid vacation, paid holidays, life insurance, disability protection
after waiting period.
- Sets up and grinds without help of supervision or setup men. Sets up all types of grinding equipment, which may include numerical control or computer aided equipment used in tool and die shop work for grinding type of cutter or tool, or for the original making of cutters or cutting tools.
- Grinds form tools on contour form broaches, reamers, multi-edge high speed or Tungsten carbide tools from blueprints or sketches.
- Uses cylindrical grinder to grind straight cylinders, broach diameters, tapers, fillets, where shoulder joins the shaft by means of form wheel, also by squaring or facing shoulder on cylindrical pieces, grinding back taper if necessary.
- Required to be acquainted with grinding wheels and materials used in present day grinding practice. Must be
- capable of grinding all shapes and forms by shaping wheels to proper contours per blueprint on cylindrical for flat formed tools, burnishing tools, broaches, and any and all tools requiring extreme accuracy.
- When required, is able to use precision instruments for checking dimensions, such as micrometers, dial indicators, Johansson blocks, height gauges and Vernier Calipers, radius gauges, sine bar or sine bar vises, etc.
- Also, in addition to this work, may also do grinding on broaches, tools, reamers, etc., on all types of grinding equipment. (O., I.D., surface and Blanchard grinders)
- Sharpen drills, squaring and repointing
- Sharpens taps, squaring ends, repointing, and grinding lead or chamfer.
- Sharpens reamers by grinding chamfer or lead.
- Surface grinds tools in multiple holding fixture, face only. Rough grinds broken milling machine blades.
- Operates cutoff saw on salvage tools.
- Presents tool bits (gauges provided), and sets up large milling cutters on bench (includes assembly and disassembly of blades).
Required Skills and Education
- Possess a certified journeyperson’s card or be able to provide documentation of a minimum of eight years of experience in the Tool Maker from previous or current employers on company letterhead.
- Available to work overtime and flexible schedule as required within union facility agreement.
- Available to work any shift as required.
- Ability to pass pre-employment physical including drug testing.
About American Axle & Manufacturing
For over 20 years, customers around the world have entrusted AAM to design, engineer, validate and manufacture driveline and metal forming technologies for automotive, commercial and industrial markets. Today, we are a premier global Tier 1 automotive supplier with broad capabilities across multiple product lines to deliver efficient, powerful and innovative solutions for our customers. We’ve earned the trust of our suppliers and our customers through our steadfast commitments to quality, operational excellence and technology leadership.
AAM delivers power. We deliver power literally through vehicle components, systems and innovation, but we also deliver power in ways unseen. We power our associates, their families, and the communities in which we operate. Our global team of over 21,000 associates has a clear vision of where AAM is going and how we are going to get there. After all, they are the reason we are a leader in the automotive industry. We are powering the future. We are AAM. Move with us, and join #TeamAAM.
AAM will not discriminate against any Associate or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. AAM will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that Associates are treated equally during employment, without regard to their age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. For the Disabled Job Seeker: We offer reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled individuals who are applicants for employment. To request assistance or accommodations, please e-mail [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Toolmaker Journeyperson
. AAM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per AAM policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that AAM will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Cutting Tool (Machining)
Vise (Metalworking Hand Tools)