About the role
The Floating Community Manager is responsible for overseeing all phases of community operations, including assignments, general administration, and maintenance for a single installation for a temporary period of time while a permanent Community Manager is identified and hired. Must travel to various Communities for extended periods of time. If an assignment is longer than two weeks, travel to home base is provided on an agreed upon basis. This opening is a 100% travel position.
What you'll be doing
- Responsible for providing management oversight for several functions including daily operations, financial reporting, training and development of employees, and resident relations for assigned installation.
- Evaluates and builds a team of highly motivated, skilled and productive professionals to drive company operational goals.
- Monitors all operational policies and recommends changes to improve overall functionality of business. Communicates changes in procedures and policies to staff and follows up to ensure adherence.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting both financial and operational findings for installation to assigned Area Community Manager.
- Partners with both military executives and the project management team to audit and improve housing initiatives and goals
Typical Physical Demands: Sit and stand to do clerical work. Regularly lift and move equipment and supplies up to 50 lbs.
Who we're looking for
- Bachelor’s degree preferred plus five (5) years of supervisory experience in property management or an equivalent combination of education and related experience. Must possess or be willing to obtain either the Accredited Residential Manager (Institute of Real Estate Management) or Certified Apartment Manager (Building Owners and Management Association) designation within one (1) year of hire.
- Previous experience with Military property management is strongly preferred, but not required.
- Requires ongoing coordination, communication and/or team problem solving within functional areas of work production or service quality as well as direct supervision over a community management team.
- Planning/organizing - Ability to organize work, set priorities and make productive use of time.
- Adaptability - Ability to accept changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events.
- Communication and Contact – Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Attendance and Dependability – Ability to consistently report to work on time at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough matter and is conscientious, about assignments.
- Relationships with Others– Ability to work effectively and relates well with others including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company. The employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works, to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Safety - Provides a safe working environment for employees, co-workers, and individuals inside and outside of the company.
Why work for us
Grow. Succeed. Lead. Join the team delivering the best in residential real estate.
When you join Balfour Beatty Communities you join a growing company at the forefront of the exciting, fast-paced residential real estate industry. With an extensive portfolio of property locations throughout the United States as well as Regional Operating Centers and a large-scale corporate team, you’ll find ample opportunity and a variety of career paths here.
Our mission is clear: we deliver the quality communities people are proud to call home. We create exceptional living experiences by managing our communities with a relentless commitment to customer service. We believe we can only be successful if we always put people first, do the right thing, and deliver on our promises. This shared commitment guides our employees, provides a clear framework for making the right decisions and forms the foundation for our continued growth.
We are committed to the professional and technical development of every Balfour Beatty Communities employee. We deliver on this commitment by fostering a culture of learning and growth that provides a variety of development opportunities for our employees, including online, classroom and on-the-job programs.
Balfour Beatty Communities is all about delivering exceptional living and that starts with our employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes a variety of health care options, retirement benefits, paid time off and many more services and programs aimed at ensuring total employee wellbeing.
Balfour Beatty Communities is a diversified real estate services company delivering acquisition, management and renovation services in the multifamily, student and military housing sectors. An innovative leader in the industry for more than 20 years, our residential portfolio currently consists of more than 50,000 units and $6 billion in real estate assets under management. Since our inception we have developed or renovated more than 31,000 units with a total value approaching $4 billion.
Our reputation is built on the hallmarks our clients, partners and residents have come to rely on: deep industry expertise, industry-leading practices, consistent results and an unwavering commitment to exceptional customer service.
Balfour Beatty Communities is part of Balfour Beatty Investments and Balfour Beatty, plc, an international group that finances, develops, builds and maintains infrastructure assets.