PURPOSE AND ROLE:
The Plant Manager is responsible for safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operation of all refinery process units and production in accordance with all company, federal, state, and local regulations. The position should provide leadership and direction to all plant personnel including department, unit and shift managers. The Plant Manager must have the ability to allocate resources wisely and pro-actively to ensure customer satisfaction and seek continuous improvement.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set the cultural tone and continually improve personal and process safety awareness and results.
- Establish Supervisor and Management systems to assure continual improvements in quality, reliability, and efficiency.
- Interface with sales, corporate, suppliers, and the union.
- Ensure plant meets or exceeds fiscal goals within approved budgets.
- Negotiate union contracts and supply contracts with utilities.
- Manage projects for installation of new equipment and equipment upgrades.
- Manage all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 8 years of experience with refineries; specialty oils and petroleum preferred and 4 years of managerial / supervisor experience in a plant environment
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Expertise in risk assessment and risk management
- Negotiation/Mediation skills to resolve issues internally and externally.
- Flexibility to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and follow each to completion.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, with the capability of positively interfacing with customers.
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to influence key contributors and build a strong team
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 1876
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.