If you feel as if you meet the below qualifications, please email a Word Document resume to Email blocked - click to apply
Cloud Engineer (mid and senior level)
Location: Downtown Austin
Duration: 6 Month Contract to Hire
Performs IT functions such as design, analysis, evaluation, testing, debugging, and implementation of technology solutions supporting the company’s business processes and operations. Analyzes, installs, acquires, modifies, and supports operating systems, databases, or utilities software. Plans, conducts, and directs the analysis of business problems to be solved with automated systems. Analyzes, designs, acquires, and implements projects for Windows and Linux systems. At higher job levels, may contribute to the development, testing, evaluation, or design of systems or infrastructure architecture used throughout the IT solution set.
- Manage and help shape evolution of enterprise cloud based environments.
- Participate in projects associated with infrastructure management, system admin, system monitoring, making improvements to development environments, application load testing and automation efforts.
- Assist with efforts related to agile software release process, release engineering and application deployment.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with Internal Infrastructure, Application and Business partners in order to understand needs, use, process problems and to facilitate effective implementation and transfer of cloud technologies.
- Plan and complete projects with minimal direction.
- Complete project documentation including diagram, data flow, status and usage reports, support and escalation processes.
- Develop and manage capacity and growth projection forecasts of the environment within budgets.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 2-3 years experience maintaining enterprise server environments and networks.
- 1-2 years experience working with AWS: EC2, S3, Route53, VPC’s.
- Strong understanding of scripting and automation.
- Experience with server administration, both Windows and Linux.
- Working knowledge of networking protocols, such as HTTP, DNS and TCP/IP.
- Knowledge of IT security risks and concepts.
- Experience in designing HA, DR, Backup and retention architectures on cloud platforms.
- Experience designing service management, orchestration, monitoring and management requirements of cloud platforms.
- Working knowledge of networking tools and concepts such as load-balancing, firewalls, VPN, and NAT.
- An understanding of RDBMS systems.
- AWS certification preferred.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Vpc)