Non-Cert Surgical Technician AdventHealth Sebring
Location Address: 4200 Sun 'n Lake Boulevard Sebring, FL 33872
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Sebring
- Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
- Largest Employer in the County
- Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida’s oldest State Park
- Close knit community with a home town family feel
- 2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast
Full Time Days. 40 Hours Per Week. 30 Minute Call Required.
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
All essential functions must be performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Assists Registered Nurse in planning patient care.
• Assists with moving and positioning of the patient.
• Assists with room turnovers as needed.
• Assists with the orientation of new employees / performs preceptor duties.
• Assumes call assignments.
• Attends and participates in staff meetings.
• Carries out responsibilities in an appropriate manner.
• Cleans and restocks rooms.
• Collaborate with other health team members.
• Demonstrates commitment to the philosophy and goals of the organization.
• Demonstrates knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
• Demonstrates understanding of safety, policies and procedures.
• Effectively communicates with peers, other health team members, patients and visitors.
• Exhibits professional behavior that reflects patient's right to privacy, dignity and comfort.
• Exhibits team work.
• Maintains adaptability.
• Maintains aseptic techniques at all times.
• Manages assignees workload in a timely manner.
• Participates in Performance Improvement activities.
• Performs surgical counts according to policy.
• Provides and maintains a safe physical environment.
• Responds in a timely manner to meet patient's needs.
• Responsible for personal professional growth and development.
• Under the direction of the RN assists with circulating duties.
• Transports patients.
• Other duties as assigned
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Scrub Skills
• Sterile Technique
• Fluent in the English Language, speaking, reading and writing
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
• One year of current Operating Room experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• High School Diploma or equivalent (GED
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
• Graduate of an accredited school of Surgical technology or Practical Nursing program
• Previous scrub experience in General Surgery and Surgical Subspecialties in a hospital
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
• Certification as a Surgical Tech within one year of hire
• Current FL LPN license
1. Establishes and maintains courteous, tactful and professional level of interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively with:
• Medical staff
• The public
• External business associates
2. Exhibits positive ICARE Values & Workforce behaviors:
* Integrity: I am honest and ethical in all I say and do!
* Compassion: I will exceed my customer’s expectations by providing spiritually driven,
* Accountability: I hold myself accountable for all my actions.
* Respect: I treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity and value.
* Excellence: I will exceed the expectations of the patients and family we serve and measure
this service through continuous surveying of patient satisfaction.
3. Demonstrates effective communication skills; is able to report and convey required information either verbally or in writing; maintains required level of confidentiality; consults with and/or advises appropriate personnel of situations requiring follow-up or attention.
4. Conforms to all Adventist Health System corporate/Florida Hospital Heartland Division organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
• AHS Code of Conduct as outlined in the “Guidelines for Employees” handbook.
5. Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO, and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
6. Attends/participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: Net Learning, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation and as pertains to each work area.
7. Supports departmental and organizational Mission through:
• Appropriate use of resources
• Providing assistance to team members
• Accepting work or schedule assignments
• Participating in process and performance improvement as required
8. Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e., disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
8. Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will
facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication.
This position description reflects the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The responsibilities listed may be subject to change at any time and individuals may be asked to perform duties outside of their regular responsibilities to support the ongoing operations of Adventist Health System and its facilities
A Clinically competent uncertified surgical tech that works under the supervision of the registered nurse in delivering safe and effective care to the patient during the intraoperative period. Assists surgeons in a manner as to make procedures smooth flowing. Strictly adheres to aseptic technique. Effectively interacts with patients and health care team members, while maintaining the Surgical Services Department standards.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Interpersonal Skills
- Emergency Handling
- Registered Nurse Certified