If you are looking for an exciting career opportunity with a national leader of personalized health care – this is your chance to join us at Intrepid USA! We are a national company with a local perspective, and working with us, you'll find that what we do is all about what matters the most – helping patients live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Our innovative approach gives patients access to the highly experienced clinical teams and up-to-date programs you would expect from a large company and combines them with the flexible, dedicated and personalized care you may expect from a smaller company.
Due to our continued growth, we are seeking a dedicated Physical Therapist to play a key role directing physical therapy treatments to help restore our clients’ physical abilities to the fullest. At Intrepid, we focus on the heart of the matter – providing talented healthcare professionals, giving them opportunities to follow their passion, and ultimately giving patients the best care available for home health care, hospice and private duty care. Bring your enthusiasm and compassion to help others and we’ll provide you with a nurturing caring environment that will empower and inspire you to make a difference.
As a Physical Therapist, you will perform and direct physical therapy treatment toward preventing disability, relieving pain, developing, improving and/or restoring muscle function and maintaining maximum performance within the client’s capabilities in accordance with the plan or care/treatment. This will involve supplying physical therapy services in their home as prescribed by a physician, and evaluating the client’s level of function by applying diagnostic and prognostic muscle, nerve, joint, and functional abilities test.
Additional duties for role include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluating the home environment for rehabilitation and making appropriate recommendations to increase the independence of the client
- Administering manual therapeutic exercises by instructing, motivating, and assisting clients in non-manual exercises and functional activities
- Evaluating, fitting and adjusting prosthetic and orthotic devices
- Participating in the development and review of the care plan to make any updates as needed
- Instructing and supervising Physical Therapy Assistants, Home Health Aides or CNAs/STNAs, as applicable
- Participating in in-service education programs as required by state law
- Recommending new policies and/or changes in current policies to improve quality of client services
We are seeking a reliable and personable Physical Therapist who combines the knowledge and skills necessary to perform all procedures as outlined, with the ability to contribute as a team member and work under minimal supervision. You should be highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to positively adapt to change. Furthermore, it is important that you display excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, as well as a strong knowledge of the regulatory requirements at the state, federal, and local level.
Specific qualifications for this health care therapy role include:
- Graduate of an accredited physical therapy program
- Minimum of 1 year of physical therapy experience in acute care; home care settings, preferred
- Current CPR certification
- Current and valid license as a Physical Therapist by your state of practice
- Auto liability insurance per policy plus current and unrestricted driver’s license
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and ability to take actions to meet customer needs
- Commitment to adhere to work schedules in completing and performing assigned tasks
- Ability to adhere to policies and procedures and willingness to support our mission
- Demonstrated competency with physical therapy skills according to personal and legal scope of practice
Join Intrepid USA – and make a real difference in the lives of our patients!
Basic Life Support
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
Intensive Care Unit
Pediatric Advanced Life Support