An award-winning, patient-centered hospital seeks an experienced Senior Nurse Manager of Inpatient Rehab to join a prestigious healthcare organization in Central Delaware.
This hospital is part of one of the largest healthcare systems in Delaware, as well as nationally. Their recent accolades include being ranked one of the best hospitals in the state by US News and World Report and named one of the safest hospitals for patients. They also received a Consumer Reports award for excellence in general nursing and overall quality of care.
The Inpatient Rehab Senior Nursing Director will report to the Director of Nursing. The Senior Nurse Manager of Med/Surg Rehab is responsible for the management of multiple defined areas of nursing service. The Senior Manager allocates resources to promote efficient, safe and high quality care based on the professional standards and scopes of nursing practice. Oversees major operations of key areas; provides leadership for complex programs, communicates goals and strategies, resolves critical issues and provides direction for
organizational and service line initiatives.
The M/S Rehab Senior Nurse Manager's essential functions include:
1) Manages day to day operations of the department.
2) Maintains oversight and evaluation of Core Measures and quality processes that are
governed by our regulatory agencies, ie. Joint Commission, CMS, etc.
3) Develops operational and capital budgets yearly.
4) Knowledgeable of current evidence based practice. Ensures standards of practice
adhere to national standards.
5) Uses advanced communication skills with all levels of internal and external customers.
6) Identifies areas of growth and expansion for department of oversight with subsequent
7) Participates in the departmental and unit based improvement process on a routine basis
and other task force / committees as designated.
A BSN is required for the Senior Manager position but a MSN is preferred. 5 years of nursing experience within
the specialty: in addition to 2 years in a leadership role as a preceptor/clinical coordinator or supervisor.
This technology-advanced hospital is located in a beautiful area that offers outstanding schools and safe neighborhoods. It is a short drive from Baltimore, Philadelphia, Washington DC, and Southern New Jersey, and the Inpatient Rehab Senior Nurse Manager will enjoy living near a major metropolitan area with access to endless recreational activities. Delaware is growing, and the state tax structure is desirable.
The Senior Nurse Manager position offers a competitive compensation package, tuition reimbursement, and the opportunity of working with one of the largest healthcare systems in the state.
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Clinical Works
- Content Management
- Financial Management