We are currently recruiting for a Java Software Engineer Summer Internship position located in our West Des Moines, Iowa office. This candidate would join a dynamic application development team in building strategic web solutions that assist in meeting our customers' needs. We are looking a motivated individual with experience developing applications using Java technologies and supporting frameworks and who is wanting to gain real world experience working as a member of one of our development teams.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, documents, and implements changes to new and existing solutions.
- Performs quality applications testing to assure the delivery of a product that meets the user's specifications.
- Completes assigned tasks, ensuring project requirements and timelines are met
Candidate must be pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- Java development experience
- Experience with web application development
- Strong communication skills, a strong team player; able to accept and deliver ambiguous tasks
- Ability to contribute unsolicited ideas with the team for continuous improvement.
- Ability to thrive in dynamic, fast-paced, fun environment.
- Good organizational, analytic and interpersonal skills
' We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Web Application Development