9002 - Carmax Auto Finance - 225 Chastain Meadows Ct NW, Kennesaw, Georgia, 30144
CarMax, the way your career should be!
Derive insights from customer interactions to improve compliance, customer experience, and operational effectiveness.
The Manager for Compliance Audit is part of a team that is responsible for the compliance audit function of CarMax Auto Finance (CAF). This person will use advance knowledge about compliance audit in partnership with the CAF Legal team and performs a variety of testing/audits to assess CAF’s compliance with applicable state and federal laws, regulations, frameworks or other guidelines, as well as internal policies, procedures. As a manager, you will work with associates in different roles throughout the organization and at all levels in CAF and CarMax to assess the company’s compliance with regulatory requirements and policies. The Compliance Audit Manager will report into the Compliance Senior Manager and assist in developing and scheduling the audit plans, lead execution on audit tasks, perform reviews of lower level auditors, and lead and develop these lower level associates.
What you’ll do
Plan and lead the execution of compliance audits for CAF and/or service providers, in compliance with CAF Compliance Audit standards and service provider contracts, including:
- Gathering audit data, developing audit methodologies, and executing audit kick-offs, status updates, walkthroughs, planning, wrap-ups, finding evaluations, report reviews, and action planning, as well as assist with audit training and quality reviews;
- Developing value-added services (e.g., process improvements; quality assurance review of compliance audit workpapers; monitor policy and procedure alignment, tracking, compliance template and retention management; compliance finding status, trending, and reporting; facilitate compliance training content and tracking; update and plan compliance team training; facilitate/coordinate remediation documentation) for different operational areas, such as CAF Learning and Operations with guidance from Compliance Sr. Managers, to make recommendations to ensure compliance or operational efficiencies;
- Supervising, facilitating, reviewing, and consolidating documentation and managing systems supporting internal policies and procedure documentation and external examinations by regulatory agencies;
- Managing audit project systems and teams and present results, which includes associate selection, evaluation, development, and day-to-day management;
- Partnering with associates in Internal Audit, external auditors/examiners, Operations, and others as needed to facilitate requests, finding validation/remediation status, and training made by or required of those groups and attend cross-functional meetings as applicable.
Leverage technology to assess performance
A customer’s journey with CarMax Auto Finance often includes multiple touch points or verbal interactions with our associates or service providers related to their vehicle financing. The Compliance Manager uses technology and leverages his/her team to assist in reviewing data (structured and unstructured) to identify and quantify audit compliance evidence or findings.
Qualifications and requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related experience Six Sigma, CIA, CPA, or CISA is a plus
- 2- 4 years of supervisory/management experience and a minimum of 5 years of audit, compliance, or process improvement experience
- Strong background in internal controls and compliance audit
- Strong presentation and written communication skills, with the demonstrated ability to prepare clear and concise written summaries.
- Ability to independently manage medium and large size projects from initiation to completion.
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.
Process Improvements (Business)