Join Benchmark Human Services and positively impact the lives of other people who are just like you! Benchmark is a national leader in providing programs to individuals with disabilities and mental illness. The Marion office is seeking a qualified and caring person to work as a Day Service Activities Coordinatorl. Successful applicants will attend paid training to obtain required certifications.
- Performs all the functions of a Direct Support Professional and assists the Program Coordinator(s) and Assistant Director in supervising, supporting and training Direct Support Professionals.
- Provides training to clients in all identified areas and function as part of the interdisciplinary team.
- Must be willing to flex schedule according to client’s needs.
- Coordinates activities for Consumers being served within Day Program.
- Must be willing to flex schedule according to Day Program needs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Helps plan and implement community interactive experiences and interest-based classes as specified in each client’s individual support plan (ISP).
- Completes documentation as required by state and federal regulations.
- Complies with behavior support policies and procedures and implements approved behavior support programs.
- Maintains certification in medication administration, CPR and First Aid.
- Attends departmental meetings
- Attends all required training and provides HR with updated personal information as mandated.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must report any suspected abuse, neglect or exploitation to supervisor or department head.
- Complies with all standards to assure the health and safety of all staff and clients we serve.
- Complies with and implements all protocols for individuals including but not limited to: high risk plans, dining plans, seizure management plans, positioning schedules, etc.
- Reasonable suspicion of a crime against an ICF/MR resident must be reported to Indiana State Department of Health and Law Enforcement (Elder Justice Act).
- Report to work as scheduled.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to create and manage tasks performed by others
- Effective communication skills with staff, management, individuals and other internal and external stakeholders
- Valid Driver’s License
- Experience working with children or adults with developmental disabilities preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
Please apply on-line at www.benchmarkhs.com or call Wendy Harris at Phone number blocked - click to apply extension 5837.
Benchmark Human Services is an EOE / Affirmative Action Employer.
Veterans, women and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.