Middough Inc. - 'TOP WORKPLACES' Award Winner!Senior Mechanical Engineer - Position and Responsibilities
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer with Middough, you will organize and execute work tasks across multiple projects. The Senior Mechanical Engineer will also be responsible for interacting with clients, taking technical ownership of mechanical design, and helping to drive “big picture” project objectives within a consulting design environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Education, Experience and Skills
- Work closely with Mechanical Engineering Manager to plan and execute mechanical work on projects and to utilize shared resources effectively.
- Execute design and engineering tasks as well as lead resources to execute mechanical tasks within multi-discipline design projects.
- Plan, schedule, and conduct the technical work as the mechanical lead on assigned projects.
- Work with both client and internal team members to scope and execute design work according to schedule, budget, and execution plan.
- Review engineering deliverables for compliance with engineering principles, standards, and design specifications.
- Work effectively within 3D design environment to develop mechanical design solutions and leads 3D design model reviews with client team.
- Develop system designs and sizes equipment, develop technical equipment specifications & data sheets, performs technical bid evaluations, and recommends best value design which meets client requirements for operability, reliability, maintainability, and safety.
- Plan and lead in collecting field observations, perform detailed engineering calculations, checking installations, and problem-solving activities.
- Regularly interact with other engineering disciplines, project managers, client team members, and vendors to obtain and exchange project pertinent information.
- Work with Client and Project Manager to identify scope changes through formal change management procedures.
- Review vendor/supplier technical documentation and provides technical responses to field Construction RFIs
- Keep upstream and downstream team members up to date on project execution and planning.
- Actively mentor and develop engineering and design staff.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or similar with experience.
- PE License (EIT/ET and ability to obtain PE) or master’s degree in Engineering or Business preferred.
- 5+ years of mechanical engineering work experience with demonstrated expertise in at least two of the following areas:
- Equipment Design & Specification Static and Rotating Process equipment
- ASME S8D1 Pressure Vessel Design, Evaluation, & FFS
- Industrial Ventilation/Environmental Pollution Controls
- Design & Specification of Material Handling systems & equipment
- Stress and Flow analysis of piping in refinery/chemical and/or metals industries
- Advanced Mechanical Evaluation using FEA or CFD engineering tools
- Welding and Metallurgy design
- Design experience within a 3D environment using AutoCAD/Plant3D, SolidWorks, Inventor, Revit, and/or NavisWorks.
- Experience executing project work as a Project Engineer or Design Team Leader.
- Ability to multi-task and be highly organized for effective project planning and completion.
- Understanding and design experience of Cogen facilities is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing duties of this position, the successful candidate will:
- Remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Frequently walk, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop or kneel, use repeating motions that may include the wrists/hands/fingers and talk and hear.
- Frequently use up-close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Should not expect adverse environmental conditions within company offices.
- May be exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as climbing ladders and/or stairs, extreme heat and/or cold, and/or poor air quality) if or when on-site at a client facility. Noise levels may be moderate to high at various client sites, hearing protection may be required and/or provided. Safety protections to be provided by the client and/or company and are required to be used and followed.
- May require occasional car or air travel to other company locations or client sites.
- This position requires the candidate/employee to possess and maintain a valid driver's license in their state of residence.
- Overtime (weekdays, weekends and/or holidays) may be necessary based on project workload.
Middough Inc. (Middough), founded in 1950, is a leading professional engineering, architecture and project solutions company providing services to a broad spectrum of Fortune 500 clients in nine core industries with offices across the Central, Midwest and Northeast regions. Our diversified team is our greatest asset, and they are challenged with a large variety of interesting projects, management and technical development opportunities and team building experiences. Middough employs the best and brightest individuals who share our passion for excellence and who are dedicated to client satisfaction, quality service, safety awareness and professional development.What Middough Offers
We offer a growth and learning culture which encourages and supports employee development through a wide variety of tools and resources such as the company Learning Management System, Middough Learning Center. Middough provides an opportunity to bring your talents and expertise to a successful and growing organization for your career advancement goals. Additionally, we offer a highly competitive compensation and the following comprehensive benefits package, based on eligibility and plan terms/changes:
- A hybrid work model for work-life flexibility (based on business and client needs)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Company paid Short/Long Term Disability, Life, AD&D, and Travel insurance
- Health Saving and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays
- Flexible Start Times
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid Certifications and Registrations (as applicable)
- Employee Assistance Program
Middough participates in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Social Security Administration (SSA) E-Verify
program to confirm work authorization.Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors or any other protected characteristic under protected by federal, state, or local laws. Middough does not support sponsorship for any applicant that requires an employment visa (i.e., H-1B) to work lawfully in the US.
- 3d Model
- Auto Cad
- Autodesk Inventor
- Autodesk Revit