To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Medford, OR
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Java Developer
DSV • Medford, OR
Posted 19 days ago
DSV - Global transport and logistics
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world's 5th largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics. Today, we add value to our customers' entire supply chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many offices in more than 80 countries to ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers. Read more at www.dsv.com
This position entails working with a large variety of technologies ranging from mobile, JEE 7, web services (REST and Soap), mobile, and Java Swing (thick client). The project is large with many stake holders who like to evolve the product to suit their needs.
The primary responsibility for this role is the support and development of software for the distribution vertical using agile methodology. The candidate will be required to design, develop and support custom applications for DSV internal and external clients. Knowledge of logistics and distribution is a plus as is the experience working with remote team members. The successful candidate will be highly successful working as a team member.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Troubleshoot, test, enhance and maintain in house applications in web and stand-alone environments.
- Monitor software performance and correct deficiencies when noted.
- Confer with users and project leads/business analysts to gain an understanding of requested changes. Resolve questions of intent, input, and output requirements as well as the use of existing paradigms/patterns.
- Write unit and other test cases.
- Provide detailed specifications and other documentation as needed.
- Assist in creating training materials for current and future applications.
- Participate in complete software development life cycle, including occasional QA and peer review.
- Work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Research, develop and incorporate new technology within current applications
- Maintain confidentiality of any company data or process.
- As assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES (IF ANY)
QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED)
- Troubleshooting skills
- User Interface Development
- Must be a self-starter, being able to work with little or no direction.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to self-train.
- Subversion or CVS
Education and/or Experience
- 2+ years of previous programming experience in an Object Oriented environment.
- 1+ years of Java
- 1+ years of relational databases database experience.
- Java 1.8
- Must speak and write English fluently.
- College level algebra.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
- Java Certified Professional for Java 7 or higher (Optional)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- JEE 6+
- Oracle & PL/SQL
- Web Services
- ORM Tools
DSV is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with DSV, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. DSV reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
DSV – Global transport and logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 47,000 employees in more than 75 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career. Read more at www.dsv.com