Over-the-Road (OTR) Tanker truck drivers at Schneider travel the country and specialize in the safe transfer of bulk liquid chemicals - 2/3 of them non-hazardous. OTR Tanker truckers earn up to $0.53 per mile* with a weekly performance pay up to $0.04 per mile (up to $80,000 per year with accessorial pay) and get home every other week.
Never pulled a tanker? No worries! Schneider provides industry-leading paid tanker training and ongoing advancement opportunities. Get started now and advance your career as part of Schneider's elite group of OTR Tanker drivers, enjoying a small-company feel with large-company benefits!
Looking to become a truck driver? Learn how URL blocked - click to apply, give us a call at URL blocked - click to apply or text “Chat” to 28000 today!
Eligible CDL Truck Driver Applicants: All Class A CDL holders
Alabama Tanker Truck Driver Pay
- Up to $0.53 per mile*
- Performance pay up to $0.04 per mile more, paid out weekly
- Up to $80,000 per year* with average 15% of pay from accessorials
- $2,500 sign-on bonus for experienced drivers
- Loading and unloading pay
- 100% hazmat endorsement reimbursed upon receipt
- *Based on CDL driver experience
Over-the-Road Tanker Truck Driver Benefits
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, plus flexible spending options
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Paid orientation and time off
- Up to $7,000 tuition reimbursement (paid at $200/month) for qualified drivers
- Credit for Military Experience and Military Apprenticeship programs, plus more URL blocked - click to apply
- Many more - see full list of URL blocked - click to apply
Alabama Tanker Truck Driver Qualifications
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Live within 200 miles of Bessemer, AL and live in Alabama or Tennessee
- Tanker endorsements required at time of hire
- Hazmat endorsements required within 60 days of hire
More Reasons to Select Schneider Tanker
- Average fleet age 2.5 years, over 60% automated transmissions
- Low driver-to-leader ratios individualized to better ensure you're moving and productive
- Nationwide parking network with 24/7 access to free and safe parking
- Mobile apps to increase driver productivity, expedite access, locate equipment and more
- 24/7/365 operations and maintenance support to keep you moving
- Learn more about Schneider's URL blocked - click to apply
Since 1935, Schneider has had over 5,000 drivers who've driven over one million consecutive miles safely. Experienced drivers continue to call Schneider home because they know firsthand that Schneider treats drivers right. Experience it for yourself.
"With Schneider, I'm family. I wouldn't trade this for anything." Timothy, 20 years of consecutive safe driving with Schneider
Join one of the top trucking companies in Alabama. Call Phone number blocked - click to apply for more information about becoming an Over-the-Road Tanker driver with Schneider!
Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit URL blocked - click to apply.Job
Full-timeSign On Bonus
Off The Record Messaging