To increase the level of comfort for hospicepatients and to provide temporary relief to the family from total personal careresponsibility by providing the patient with personal aspects of care.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Commitmentto the Hospice concept and standards.
• Abilityto interact with a variety of different age groups.
• Abilityto work well independently and within an interdisciplinary team setting.
• Abilityto communicate effectively orally and in writing with individuals and groups.
• Abilityto handle confidential matters.
• Abilityto work a flexible schedule.
• Providespatient care services in accordance with policies and procedures and performsonly those services as directed in CNA/PCA care plan.
• Providepersonal hygiene aspects of care to patients including bathing, oral hygiene,skin care and hair care.
• Assistwith transfer of patient, e.g., bed to chair, bed to commode, chair/commode tobed.
• Assistwith ambulation and exercise of patient as ordered and so assigned.
• Assistwith or provide meal preparation and related tasks.
• Assistwith feeding of patient.
• Maintaina clean, safe and comfortable environment for the patient.
• Havean awareness of the emotional status of the patient and be able to understandthe emotional problems associated with the illness.
• Coordinatecare with the primary nurse and the director of health services.
• Maintainaccurate and up-to-date records of visits.
• Provideas needed comfortable care related to turning and positioning, observations andreporting, and impairment of skin integrity.
• Attendregular meetings of the interdisciplinary team and have direct involvement indeveloping, implementing, and evaluating the plan of care.
• Reportpatient progress and problems to supervisory personnel and procedures forhandling medical emergencies or other incidents that affect the delivery ofservices in accordance with the patient’s service plan.
• Providesoptimal care and dignity for the patient.
• Performsother duties as assigned by the DHS or Administrator.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
• Maturityand ability to deal effectively with the demands of the job.
• Abilityto read, write, and carry out directions.
• Empatheticattitude toward the care of the terminally ill and their families.
• Understandingand commitment to the mission of PruittHealth Hospice.
• Abilityto listen.
• Abilityto document services rendered according to agency policy and procedures and tofollow the CNA/PCA care plan.
• Orientationto Hospice and any other training that may be necessary to complete theassigned duties effectively.
• Participatein agency surveys and any subsequently required reports.
• Attendand participate in continuing educational programs to keep abreast of changesin your field as well as to maintain current license/certification, asrequired.
• Attendand participate in mandatory inservices.
• Honorpatients/residents’ rights to fair and equitable treatment, self-determination,individuality, privacy, property and civil rights, including the right to wagecomplaints.
• Complywith corporate compliance program.
• Reportjob-related functions/tasks that involve occupational hazards including exposureto blood and body fluids and others as necessary.
• Followestablished safety regulations, to include fire protection & prevention,smoking regulations, infection control, etc.
• Followestablished safety procedures when performing tasks and/or working withequipment.
• Performother related duties as necessary and as directed by supervisor.
#CBQualificationsMINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Minimum H.S. diploma orequivalent. MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
One or more years of experienceworking with adults in a healthcare setting.
Hospice or home care experiencedesirable. MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONREQUIRED BY LAW:
Registered by the Nurse AideRegistry as a Certified Nurse Aide in the state where you will provide care.
Must have current driver’slicense and valid automobile liability insurance.
Must have Basic First Aid and CPRCertification. ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:(Preferred qualifications)
• Attendance– must maintain timely, regular attendance.
• Communicateswell with patients/residents/clients and family members providing warm andfriendly greeting and an approachable attitude to families, visitors,patients/residents/clients and responds to expressed concerns while displayinga helpful, caring demeanor. Answersquestions when appropriate in a professional manner.Job:
1st ShiftJob Posting:
Jun 2, 2020, 7:54:21 PM
Hardworking And Dedicated
Diseases And Disorders