Apex Systems is actively sourcing for Tier 1 Help Desk Support Technicians to support a federal client of ours on a long term contract. If you are interested in learning more, please email an updated resume and contact information to Vivian Hite at Email blocked - click to apply
Position: Help Desk Technician
Location: Chantilly, VA
Contract Duration: Long-term/multi-year
Schedule: Varies** Requires flexibility (swing/rotating shifts)
Required: Candidates must be U.S. Citizens, and able to obtain and/or maintain a DHS EOD as a condition of employment. Investigation takes 8-10 weeks to process.
- Answers help desk telephones for assigned account(s) and responds to moderately complex customer inquiries to ensure customer needs are met
- Assists the customer in resolving complex technical problems on a primary account by providing guidance regarding software and hardware problems
- Follows up with customers to ensure that customer inquiries are resolved within the contracted or agreed upon time frame.
- Logs and tracks inquiries using a problem management database and maintains history records and related problem documentation.
- Identifies, evaluates, and prioritizes customer problems and complaints to ensure that inquiries are successfully resolved.
- Analyzes and evaluates inquiry/problem reports and makes recommendations to reduce help desk call rates.
- High school Diploma/GED with at least 1 year of relevant experience.
- Experience working with Remedy and ability to troubleshoot blackberries and smartphones
- At least one year of IT call center or Help desk experience
- Willing to work flexible shifts
- Experience using a ticketing system, such as Remedy or Service Now
- Basic understanding of MS Office 2007/2010 and the ability to troubleshoot Windows XP issues
Other qualifications include:
- Excellent communications skills
- Organization skills to balance and prioritize work
- Ability to work in a team environment
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Resolve Technical Issue
Upgrade Computer Hardware
Provide User Support
Provide Software Troubleshooting