About Our Company
For nearly 25 years, Lids has been the leading headwear and sportswear retailer in North America! We are very excited to start 2022 with our next stop in Germany worldwide. Officially licensed products from professional sports federations and headwear of the hottest sports and fashion brands to sell, which we do. We have already made it through years of hard work, learned from our successes and failures, lived at the intersection of fan and fashion and stayed true to our core values. General Description
At Lids, our store managers are the heart and soul of the Lids brand. These cap experts strive to foster the passion for sporting and fashion goods by meeting the needs of our loyal customers and occasional buyers alike. Our customers rely on our team to find and select products that represent their individualism, team pride and personal style. Working in our retail stores requires our store managers to provide an exceptional Lids experience to each and every customer, to guide and inspire our retail teams to provide excellent service, to conduct thorough product presentations, and to be experts in our products and services. Principle Duties and Responsibilities
Additional Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Protect Company assets within guidelines of LIDS Retail policies.
- Prepare store schedules and provide for proper store coverage at all times, within the guidelines for wage control set by the company.
- Follow all policies to accurately manage store inventory including receiving, transferring, completing price changes and conducting product counts.
- Perform proper documentation and record keeping per LIDS Retail policies, complying with all state and federal laws.
- Open and close the store as required following the procedures per the Operations P&P Manual.
Job Required Knowledge & Skills
- Manage store associates through thorough use of LIDS Training Programs, goal setting (for sales and tasks), and regular follow up.
- Recruit, develop, and train store personnel to achieve Operations Objectives as well as adhere to Operational policies and guidelines.
- Administer the progressive steps of discipline to include verbal and written warnings. In addition, the Store Manager carries out employment terminations following approval from the District Sales Manager and Human Resources.
- Encourage direct compliance of all store associates established company policies, procedures and guidelines including, but not limited to, safekeeping of company inventory, funds and property.
- Performs work of subordinates, as needed.
- Communicate with employees at all levels of the company.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional Job Required Knowledge & Skills
- A two year post secondary education and one year related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Established ability to produce sales results, while minimizing loss.
- Proven supervisory skills, with capacity to deliver training material and assess retention.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate verbally in a clear and professional manner.
- Ability to operate a computer, as well as maneuver relative software programs.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to climb a ladder and work with hands overhead.
- Standing required for up to 100% of the work time.
- Ability and willingness to travel overnight for training and/or business meetings.
Store managers earn between 1.4 and 2 times the local minimum wage based on experience. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. FT Managers are also eligible for monthly store sales bonuses and a 40% employee discount. Full time employees are eligible for a full range of benefits including Paid Time Off, health, vision, dental, and 401(k). EducationReports To
- Human Resources
- Interpersonal Skills