Assistant to Redevelopment & Asset Director
Responsibilities and Experience Required
• Manage paper and electronic file system.
• Prepare and submit expense reports for reimbursement.
• Work with expeditors to help clear violations issued by the New York City Department of Buildings.
• Visit properties to take signage inventories and oversee signage, fitness equipment and furniture installations.
• Create and maintain PowerPoint presentations for property tours.
• Participate in the New York City shared receptionist duties: answering the phone, helping guests, distributing mail.
• Create exhibits for approval packages.
• Assist in preparing scopes of work, bid documents and bid leveling for consultant proposals.
• Create and manage contracts and change orders within I-BEAM, proprietary contract administration platform.
• Work with vendors to process invoices and collaborate with accounts receivable departments to resolve billing questions and elevate billing disputes as required.
• Prepare monthly job cost summary reports for each active redevelopment project. You Have... Qualified candidates will have a 3-5 years’ Administrative experience in the construction, development, or property management industry. A high school diploma or GED Equivalent is required, however, a Bachelor’s degree with some contract management experience and excellent communication skills are strongly preferred.
• We are seeking a dynamic professional with an outgoing personality, positive attitude, and excellent telephone skills.
• Strong MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook) proficiency preferred. Ability to quickly learn new systems, such as Oracle, is strongly desired.
• Ability to read construction drawings is a plus. Experience in the multifamily industry is a plus.
• This person will be a self-starter, highly organized, have attention to detail, be effective at prioritizing, and will be an excellent communicator (verbal and written).
Proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated.
With this we know we can do great things. Will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.