UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
My Community Connection team is dedicated to understanding and addressing health inequity to result in better member health outcomes. Our team is looking for a Senior Healthcare SDoH Analyst with dynamic skill sets to provide end-to-end analytics as well as assist in the operational process of our strategies. The successful analyst will have technical expertise in querying and extracting large complex datasets using the SQL language, delivering data driven insights and analysis, and storytelling the key findings to management. We are a small team developing and conducting groundbreaking work and may be called on to wear different hats from time to time, but with that comes interesting new challenges and many learning opportunities.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Manage the analytics aspects of a project from end-to-end
- Collect, interpret, and aggregate data from traditional and non-traditional data sources for analytics.
- Study correlation and data patterns with the goal of finding cost saving or revenue enhancing opportunities
- Create models to find and target the appropriate population for programs.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to launch programs and clinical studies
- Measure the impact of our pilot programs
- Communicate and storytell key findings to a range of audience
- Recognize issues and make recommendations for solutions
- Provide analytical support within department and across company
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of experience mining data and working with large complex datasets for analytics, extracting, manipulating, and aggregating data from multiple data sources, structured and unstructured
- 5+ years of experience consulting with business stakeholders and senior leaders
- 3+ SQL programming background
- Advanced Excel skills
- Proven solid, creative problem solving and analytical skills
- Proactive ability to find and define problems, understand business impact, identify solutions and provide recommendations
- Experienced in condensing complex information and communicating key findings and insights to senior leaders
- Independent, self-motivated and resourceful
- Innovative spirit and adaptable
- Ability to join EST morning team calls
- Undergraduate degree (Statistics and Mathematics preferred)
- 5+ years of healthcare analytics experience
- Working knowledge and experience with claims, eligibility, financial and clinical data
- Trend analytics or performing analysis using health data metrics
- Experience with UHC claims and financial data warehouses (i.e. SMART, UGAP, Fin360)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.