Westlake Financial Services is the largest privately held finance company in the Nation.
We are committed to growing and strengthening our organization by hiring the people that make Westlake World (our culture) what it is. Through hiring the best fitting applicant and supporting our people in further developing their skills, we transition our Applicants into Westlake Warriors (our people).
With 30% YOY growth and assets of 6.5 Billion, we are always looking to acquire talented individuals as we expand our presence in the Auto Finance Industry. Westlake Financial Services believes in PEOPLE with the PURPOSE and PASSION to assist our more than 22,000 dealer partners throughout North America.
WESTLAKE WARRIOR | Business Analyst | Servicing
As a Business Analyst you will work closely with all departments of the company in support of Westlake’s consumer lending credit life cycle (product development, risk analysis, underwriting, servicing, loss recovery, etc.). You will be responsible for understanding Westlake’s BuyProgram automated credit decisioning program, and using data-driven analysis to recommend, back-test, and implement improvements to that program.
In addition, you will regularly work on new initiatives to help grow Westlake’s revenue.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Thorough understanding of Westlake’s business model, its performance metrics, and the auto finance industry in general.
- Conduct analyses of customer groups and product types, to isolate areas of improvement to Westlake’s automated credit decisioning BuyProgram.
- Develop and monitor internal reports and use them to make recommendations to processes, corporate policies and underwriting guidelines..
- Regularly prepare and present key executive summary analysis to senior executives.
- Manage projects to support credit policy, bulk acquisitions, servicing, new merchant program structures, and profitability/pricing for accounts and portfolios.
- May train, provide direction to and review the work of less experienced analysts and/or special project teams, as necessary.
- Complete other related duties as assigned and support the Company’s strategic initiatives.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & LICENSES:
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (mathematics, statistics, finance, economics, computer science, engineering, or related field).
- 3-5 years of financial analysis, credit analysis, or similar quantitative experience. Auto finance and/or consumer lending experience is a big plus.
- Some experience with SQL and databases.
- Advanced skills in Excel. Ability to effectively communicate quantitative analysis and conclusions.
- Experience working across departments to implement a project or process change.
- Demonstrated history of strong organizational, analytical, problem-solving, project management, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented, self-motivated, team player.
- Adaptable to change, enjoys fast-paced and challenging environment.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Advanced Excel including macros and VBA.
- Advanced SQL including complex queries involving multiple tables.
- Experience in auto finance or alternative consumer credit field.
- Knowledge of overall business strategy and operations including business processes, revenue and cost components and drivers of these measures, customer behavior, profitability and return on investment modeling and general economic modeling.
FULL TIME BENEFITS
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account
- 401K matching
- Employee Stock Ownership Program in a $2.6 Billion Company, plus company matching
- Wellness Program, Daily Team Exercises, Fresh Fruit for all employees
- Metro Tap Card and Metro-link Reimbursement
- Westlake University, Certification Programs
- Career Path Opportunities
- Discounts on Parks, Museums, Movie Tickets, and Attractions
- Wireless, Computer, and Satellite Discounts
- Onsite DMV
- Employee Loan Assistance Westlake Bike Share (Free Bikes onsite)
- Onsite Yoga, Treadmill Desks, Gym Membership Discounts
- Annual Flu Shots, Biometric Screenings
- Paid Vacation Days
- Paid Sick days
- Paid holidays
- Rental Car Discounts, Dell Member Purchase Program
People. Purpose. Passion.
These are the hallmarks of Westlake Financial Services, and have been since our inception in 1988. Westlake specializes in prime to sub-prime automotive financing, helping car dealerships do what they do best: sell cars. Our unique credit approval software (known as \u0022The Buy Program ©\u0022) allows dealers to get an on-the-spot loan approval without waiting for callbacks, fax-backs, or rehashes.
Westlake Financial Services is an Internet based, privately held finance company that specializes in the acquisition and servicing of sub-prime and non-prime automotive retail installment contracts. Headquartered in Southern California, Westlake originates indirect retail installment contracts through a network of 21,000 new and used car dealers throughout the United States. All collections and servicing are performed in-house from its central facility located in the Mid-Wilshire area of Los Angeles.
Westlake's success didn't just happen overnight. It took years of hard work, cultivation, and smart intuition to get to where we are today. Not content to rest on our laurels, Westlake continues to build and refine, always keeping our dealers and customers in mind.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not unlawfully discriminate in employment. No question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Equal access to employment, services, and programs is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization.
Attention To Detail